Brazilian Portuguese Tutor based in Glasgow. From zero beginners to advanced levels. Conversation and travel-oriented guidance also available. Dynamic communicational approach. Flexible hours to suit your weekly schedule. I also provide translations of various types of texts. Free quotes.
All our ratings are collected by us and are given in confidence, they correspond to a real experience.
Marcel is a superb English teacher. I had English lessons with him before taking the Toefl exam and those lessons were of great help to me. Marcel has a vast knowledge of English grammar and knows minutely the subtleties of English pronunciation. Moreover, Marcel’s deep familiarity with Anglophone literature and culture makes his lessons very stimulating. Every lesson he would present an interesting subject and then develop a conversation about it through a lively perspective. He is a very attentive and caring person and his teaching skills allow him to adjust the lessons to the student’s English level and to keep track of his/her weak points and improvements throughout the lessons. That’s how it was with me and that’s what I’ve heard from other of his students – all of them were unanimous about the excellence of his performance as a teacher. Also, what makes his classes so stimulating is the fact that he is a very easy-going and fun person. He is a very experienced and eclectic English teacher and I strongly recommend him.
I am a Journalist with a solidly established career in Brazilian Newspapers and also an experienced language teacher and interpreter having worked for some of the finest schools in Brazil. Currently a postgraduate student at the University of Glasgow.
Mlitt Film and Television Studies
University of Glasgow 2016-2017
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Bachelor of Communication Studies - Journalism
Universidade Federal da Bahia
2006 – 2013
Salvador, Bahia, BRAZIL
• Fluent in Portuguese and English, working knowledge of French and Spanish.
• Graduate student at the University of Glasgow
Red Balloon – (concealed information)
• Coordinated the pedagogical activities of the school, including enrollment, events, teacher training, development and support.
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) – (concealed information)
2014 – 2015
Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
• Designed and implemented the communication plan for UNICEF's Fique Sabendo Jovem project, aimed at the youth living with HIV in Fortaleza, Brazil. Daily activies included social media management, organizing and covering events promoted by the project, writing reports and articles for both online and traditional print media and acting as main liaison between UNICEF zonal office in Fortaleza and its headquarters in New York City.
FURTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Jornal A Tarde – (concealed information)
2011 – 2013
Salvador, BA, Brazil
• Wrote articles, reviews and cover stories for its cultural department, mainly A Tardinha, aimed at children aged 6-12 and Revista MUITO, its Sunday magazine, which covers fine arts and variety;
• Worked as its main reporter in assignments involving English-speaking sources, such as Japanese Butoh Dancer Tadashi Endo and american writer Christopher Golden;
Instituto IRIS – (concealed information)
2009 – 2011
Salvador, BA, Brazil
• Acted as the NGO's focal point for communication activities, including establishing a positive relationship with media organizations, writing and suggesting stories on the projects implemented by the NGO such as Projeto Viagem à Literatura Infanto Juvenil, which aims to foster reading among socially vulnerable children, and Arte e Literatura, which promotes access to cultural spaces and activities in the city of Salvador.
• Worked closely with the monitoring and evaluation team to write reports to ensure transparency to its stakeholders.
• Provided translations and captions for all the institutes communication publications and videos.
Wise Up – (concealed information)
2007 – 2011
Teresina, PI, Brazil
• Planned and delivered English lessons to students in all levels.
• Responsible for sedigning lessons for students with needs related to specific fields, such as medical, legal and IT.
Freelance Translator and Interpreter
Ilhéus and Salvador, BA, Brazil
• Over 15 years of translation and interpreting services performed in Brazil. Some of the clients include multinational companies such as Petrobras and Braskem.
• Translated and subtitled English-spoken movies distributed in Brazil by Estação Luz Filmes ((concealed information)
• Translated the book All Saveiros Bay, published by Brazilian Photographer Nilton Souza - 2012 - (ISBN 978-85-64205-01-7)
• Acted as Aguia Branca Turismo tourist interpreter from 2002 to 2004, supporting and interpreting the guiding staff, both in English and French.
• Chevening Scholarships – Foreign and Commonwealth Office, United Kingdom, 2016
Awarded with a full Chevening scholarship, due to academic achievement 2016/2017
accent reduction-english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest brazilian portuguese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, portuguese (portugal) lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£75||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£130||£120|