I am a BA (Hons) graduate in French & Spanish and have lived in both these countries. I currently teach children & adults of all levels and capabilities. I teach adults wanting to learn french & spanish from a complete beginner level and I teach students wanting to improve their knowledge of the language in order for them to pass their GCSE & A-levels. I am also a French & Spanish after school club teacher at primary schools in South London and teach in nurseries in East London.
My youngest students are 2 years old and my oldest student being 50 years old.
I also hold a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Lanugage) qualification and teach English to those living in London and want to learn it or improve their level of the language. I create structured lesson plans and tailor each lesson to the student so to provide an engaging lesson for them. I cover grammar, conversation, reading, writing & listening in my lessons and try to use subjects that my students will be interested in.
All our ratings are collected by us and are given in confidence, they correspond to a real experience.
I've been learning French with Laura now once a week for the past 2 months and have thoroughly enjoyed our lessons. She is reliable and creates a positive learning environment which helps me gain confidence when speaking the language. She is patient and I've already noticed an improvement in my speaking & listening of French.
I'd recommend her to anyone wanting to learn French.
I have been tutoring privately since September 2016 and have been recommended by my students to their friends or colleagues wanting to learn French, Spanish or English. Previous to that, I used to teach English whilst living in France for 12 months.
• University of Kent, Canterbury – 2007 - 2011. Graduate in BA (Hons) French and Spanish (with Italian) - 2.1
• ERASMUS year abroad studying at Université Lyon III, France and Universidad de Salamanca, Spain.
• Dover Grammar School for Girls – 2000 – 2007 including school sports captain, prefect and Duke of Edinburgh award.
• A-Level – French (A), Spanish (B), and Psychology (C), AS-Level – Drama, Sports Studies. 11 GCSE’s including 5 at A*/A
September 2016 – Present
Tutor of French, Spanish & English (self-employed)
• Tutor regular clients for private lessons and host French & Spanish after school club for primary schools & pre-schools in South London (DBS cleared)
• Create own lesson plans and structured classes. I am able to follow a key stage 2, 3, GCSE & A-level curriculum if requested.
• Experience in teaching children and adults of all levels from complete beginner to advanced.
July 2016 – September 2016 (2 month break)
Backpacking and volunteering project in South East Asia
• Volunteering at a wildlife conservation sanctuary in Thailand
• Travelled through Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand
esol - english for speakers of other languages lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, french lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|