It sounds like a cliché nowadays, but my lessons are tailored to your needs and objectives. I have experience of learning languages myself and I know that this is the most effective way of learning. I tend to work quite organically, working from your mistakes in writing and speaking, and teaching grammar and vocabulary based on error correction that's targeted at your personal weak spots, rather than a prescribed list of rules that you have to memorize.
With me, you’ll:
- Receive plenty of feedback and correction. I believe the best way to learn is by making mistakes and having them corrected.
- Develop academic or business presentation skills in a supportive yet challenging environment.
- Learn how to interact confidently, fluently and effectively at work, in business meetings, intercultural group projects and academic seminars.
- Develop your academic or business writing skills, particularly in terms of awareness of different genres and styles.
- Learn appropriate business email etiquette so you can make a good impression in the English-speaking workplace or university environment.
- Have the opportunity to learn more about British English and culture, including idiomatic language, phrasal verbs and collocations.
All our ratings are collected by us and are given in confidence, they correspond to a real experience.
Eu tenho aulas com a Lydia desde Octubro de 2015.
Procurava aulas particulares, no entanto com métodos não tradicionais de ensino. O método das aulas da professora Lydia se encaixaram na minha demanda porque se iniciou com a revisão de erros que cometia na escrita e na conversação. Nesse caso ela me explicava as regras gramaticais de forma direta, simples e precisa o que facilitou o entendimento de regras que até então eu não conseguia usar e que achava difíceis de empregar no dia a dia.
Toda vez que termino uma aula já fico ansioso pela próxima. Por isso recomendei o trabalho dela a vários amigos que começaram a estudar com a professora Lydia e assim como eu, sentiram-se muito confortáveis e tiveram avanços consideráveis no aprendizado da língua Inglesa.
I have been having lessons with Lydia since March (2016) and I am learning a lot.
She is proactive, friendly, competent and an excellent professional! She has a different way of teaching because she can understand our needs and we can work on what we really need in order to obtain better results! Her dedication and the work we do on critical reading, writing, listening and speaking make our lessons a high level.
I have taught English as a foreign language for 10 years at all levels including Cambridge FCE and CAE. My most recent experience includes tutoring international master’s students through to post-doctorate researchers at the University of Leeds, and business professionals in a range of fields. I specialise in business and academic English.
I have the Cambridge CELTA and DELTA qualifications and a Master's in Audiovisual Translation Studies from the University of Leeds, specialising in Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and French into English.
esol - english for speakers of other languages lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£110||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£200|