I am a Law graduate fortunate enough to have been educated within schools which focused specifically on each individual student's suited method of learning. I truly believe any student's success depends on how they are taught in a way tailored to them individually and this is therefore the forefront of my teaching technique.
During my own studies I voluntarily tutored and mentored a GCSE student, providing emotional, practical and educational support. My student's success with their results has consequently encouraged me to pursue tutoring as a career. Following this, I tutored a student throughout their Legal Practice Course, assisting with coursework and exam preparation.
Stephanie Preece Curriculum Vitae
DOB: 17 March 1990 Address: 58 Callow Court, Chelmsford, Essex, CM20RW
Tel: (concealed information)2 Email: (concealed information)
Paralegal Litigation Fee Earner
Kennedys Law LLP - Chelmsford - November 2015 to October 2016
Managed a litigated Defendant RTA caseload.
• Settled MOJ personal injury cases promptly by liaising with the court and claimant solicitors.
• Prepared and filed court documents, wrote instructions to experts and counsel, disclosure lists, witness statements and agreed court directions.
• Responsible for discrediting credit hire claims.
• Maintained accurate reserve and risk management on all cases.
• Complied with internal, client and procedural protocol.
• Daily legal research and ensured deadlines were met throughout the various stages of claim.
• Negotiated issues of liability and quantum prior to advising on settlement.
• Ensured all work complied with SRA and Law Society Regulations.
Civil Litigation Legal Assistant
Seymours Solicitors – Blackfriars, London - July 2014 to September 2015
Provided legal administrative support to the Partners and Senior Associate in a commercial law firm.
• Interacted with clients through written correspondence, telephone and face to face communications.
• Dealt with requests from clients for legal assistance.
• Reviewed and audio typed large volumes of legal documents and reports for Partners.
• Proofread, typed, formatted and amended letters and legal documents.
• Worked directly with a Partner, writing replies to points of dispute and general correspondence with clients.
• Administration responsibilities and managed the flow of paperwork by filing, faxing, photocopying and scanning documents.
• Previous case work of compiling exhibits to an affidavit in support of an application for a freezing injunction and derivative claim in the Bermuda Commercial Court.
• Previous case work of identifying exhibits to a Defence to be filed in proceedings in a foreign jurisdiction and subsequently communicating with a Cypriot Agent.
• Attended appeal hearing and drafted notes at the Privy Council in which the firm was acting as Privy Council Agent.
• Assisted with the updating of Seymours policies to ensure the firm's compliance with the criteria for Lexcel accreditation for client care excellence.
• Reviewed contracts for the purpose of finalising instructions to an Expert in an Expert Determination.
Real Estate Finance - Work Experience
Berwin Leighton Paisner - London - March 2015
I completed work experience within the Real Estate Finance department assisting paralegals, trainees and associates. The experience working within an international law firm was hugely insightful and gave me the opportunity to understand the work city lawyers undertake daily.
Financial Professions Coordinator & Claims Handler
David Oliver Associates - January 2013 to January 2014
Worked within the Financial Professions Department of an independent insurance underwriting agency.
• Handled claims on behalf of insurance brokers and large insurer companies.
• Acted as an agent for Professional Indemnity, Directors and Officers and Public Liability insurance.
• Exercised in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market to find and arrange suitable insurance policies.
• Adhered to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
• Cases were worked on throughout the whole claim process, from first notice to settlement.
• Excellent customer service was continuously demonstrated when liaising with risk analysts, brokers and underwriters for broking and external experts such as loss adjusters and lawyers for claims.
• Incessantly ensured an impartial and unbiased opinion.
Customer Service Advisor
Activity Superstore – Saffron Walden - August 2012 to January 2013
Employed in a temporary self-motivated customer service role within a high volume, demanding call centre environment.
• Provided high quality service to both suppliers and customers.
• Worked as part of a team and individually within an energetic office.
• Carried out general administration duties.
Legal Practice Course (LPC)
University of Law - Bloomsbury
2013 to 2016
Law with Business LLB (Hons)
University of Brighton
2009 to 2012
Colchester Sixth Form - Colchester
2006 to 2008
Law, Sociology, Business Studies, General Studies
Total of 340 UCAS points
New Hall School - Boreham
2000 to 2006
Legal, Insurance, Claims, Private Tutoring, Customer Service, IT, Hospitality
I have recently studied the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law (Bloomsbury). During my own studies, I voluntarily tutored and mentored a GCSE student, providing emotional, practical and educational support.
• Clean Automatic Driving License Held.
• Qualified Westlaw certificate holder.
Available on request.
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, test prep lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||Not available|