I teach content based of the students' needs and curriculum. I believe that teaching is a 2 way street where both the tutor and student work together to achieve the best possible result. Building the from the bottom up is my main priority and to make sure content is properly revised and understood.
I am currently a 1st Year student studying engineering at Cambridge. I have experience tutoring younger children. I have achieved 3 A Stars and 1 A in my A levels which include Further Maths and can offer my insight into applications for Unis as well as A level examinations.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
2012 – 2017 The Latymer School, Haselbury Road, Edmonton, London N9 9TN
I have studied the following GCSE subjects, which were completed in July 2017.
● English Literature 8
● English Language 8
● Mathematics 9
● History A+
● Latin A+
● Biology A+
● Chemistry A+
● Physics A+
● Product design A+
● German A
2017 - 2019
Further Maths a+
2019-2024 M.Eng Engineering, Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge
Currently studying engineering at the university of Cambridge. Expected to complete my masters degree in 2024
Year 1 modules
• Mechanical engineering covering mechanics, mechanical vibrations and thermofluid mechanics
• Structures covering materials and structural mechanics
• Electrical and information engineering covering physical principles of electronics, analysis of circuits and devices, linear circuits, electromagnetics, digital circuits and information processing
• Mathematical Methods covering mathematics and computing
• Lego Mindstorms as an introduction to the integrated nature of real-world engineering involving software, mechanical and electrical components, teamwork and communication skills. In teams of three we design and build a simple electro-mechanical device, based around several sensors and actuators.
• Integrated Electrical Project where we work in pairs to design, build and test an AM radio.
Learnt how to use LT Spice to help theoretically model our radios.
• Structural Design Project where we design, manufacture and test a metal structure to carry specific loads at minimum cost.
• Drawing skills with a focus on Computer Aided Design (CAD) using SolidWorks and manual drawing, emphasising the principles and practices that define how three-dimensional objects are represented on two dimensional surfaces.
• Computing and Numerical Analysis - learnt how to do practical Engineering problems in Python. We used real time information to construct a simple program to assign risk levels of flooding to towns based of rainfall and water levels.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY AND WORK EXPERIENCE
JULY – AUG 2017 WSP offices in Holborn (1 week)
During my work experience, my duties included:
Updating the information of Caribbean countries for a report of a proposal plan by the company
Cross checked data of the company with other resources
Document past traffic incidents into an official report for the council
INTERESTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
ABRSM Grade 8 Piano: 2012
Passed DIP ARBSM diploma level
ABRSM Grade 7 Violin: 2015
First Aid training: April 2014
During secondary school
I enjoy playing the piano and violin, and play in the Enfield Youth Orchestra. I also play in my school orchestras and attend concerts. I like sports and am a member of the basketball team and go out to play sports with my friends and family on a regular basis.
The Latymer School
Tel: (concealed information) Mr Sean Turpin
Enfield Youth Orchestra
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||Not available||£20|