My teaching method depends on the person I'm going to be tutoring. Firstly I'm going to give students a "learning style" test to determine if they are a visual, auditory, kinesthetic, interpersonal or intrapersonal type of leaners. Determining the type of learner a person is will help them effectively learn and retain knowledge, not only for school but everywhere in life. After I determine the student's learning type will create a curriculum (could include small project, exercises, homework) and gather material tailored to the student's specific needs.
I'm a software quality assurance engineer, who is passionate about getting people excited about technology! I have been teaching and mentoring ever since I was 14 years old. I began by voluntarily teaching english and literacy in high school, and have been participating in mentoring schemes ever since. I have a certification for mentoring from my university and have since started doing private tutoring and online courses. I'm currently working as a quality assurance engineer, where I help the development of systems and applications, but I'm far more interested in helping in helping the development in people.
I am a very driven and enthusiastic bi-lingual 1st Class Computer Science graduate and Quality Assurance Engineer. I always strive hard to prove and assert myself in my dedicated job role. I can take the lead and follow my own initiative; however, I can easily switch from the lead role to a team role as I am used to working and excelling well in a team. I take pride in being reliable and trustworthy. I have been told I bring a positive and energetic vibe to the workplace and create a good working environment. Apart from professional skills, I am an outgoing person and I find it easy to make connections between different environments and backgrounds. I’m also very passionate about teaching and helping others develop their personal and professional skills.
Junior Quality Assurance Engineer 2018- present HPD Software | Dial House, 2 Burston Road, Putney, London SW15 6AR, United Kingdom
As a junior quality assurance engineer, I work to deliver quality, secure and performant software in line with agreed best practices. I design, develop, maintain and execute reusable test scripts for maintenance and project releases using QFS, Java and similar tools and programing languages. I also design and implement automation solutions based on system understanding and analysis of technology and system specifications. I am responsible for document and update regression test plans, which encompass the E2E business requirements specific to each application and convert those to regression-automated tests and serve as evidence of test to satisfy HPD and client requirements. I document software problems in the designated database in a clear and informative manner, providing all relevant documentation to enable swift effective resolution. I contribute to the creation and on-going updating of departmental standards and identify opportunities to increase income generation, improve service delivery, and widen service offerings.
IT Technical Support 2017-present University of Greenwich | King William Court, Old Royal Naval College Park Row, London SE10 9LS
My responsibilities as an IT technician included PC and Mac set up and maintenance, hardware and software installation, updating and debugging, PC virtualization, PC building, and active directory user management. This job role has helped me gain a better understanding of the importance of data protection and information security, which is a vital aspect of the IT industry. Assisting students and lecturers with difficulties helped me exercise and improve my troubleshooting and debugging skills. Being a part of a big team gave a good understanding of the IT working environment.
• Operating Systems: Ability to install/debug/work with Windows, iOS, Linux.
• Hardware: Developer-board/Breadboard electronics assembly/debugging/programming, Arduino, Raspberry Pie, ability to build and debug typical PC and Server hardware
• Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office and a good understanding of Microsoft Azure
• Abode Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign, Dreamweaver
• Developing User Experience, Interface, and Interaction design
• Object Orientate, Model-View-Control programming, Unified Modelling Languages
• In-depth understanding of all areas of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Mentoring/Tutoring students in Computer Science related subjects
• Fluent in English and Bulgarian
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
• Public Speaking with good visual and verbal presentation skills
• Excellent ability to remain calm and logical under high pressure
• Passion for teaching and motivating people
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to analyze large amounts of data
• Proven to be an excellent team player as well as team leader
• Compelling, Negotiating and Persuading skills
• Kind to people, animals, and nature
• Very adaptable to change, new technologies and different people
• Good attention to detail
University of Greenwich BSc(Hons) Computer Science September 2015 – 2018
• Project (CIS) – Facial Recognition in Python
• Web Application Development -(PHP/HTML/CSS)
• User Interface Design
• Application and Web Development (C#)
• Professionalism in the IT industry
• Systems Development Project (C#)
• Communication Systems
• Computer Programming (Java)
• Computer Systems Architecture
• Participant of the Oracle Mentoring Scheme
• Certificate for Mentoring – University of Greenwich
• Information Security Awareness Course
• Data Protection incorporating GDPR Course
• Python Complete Bootcamp Course
• 5 A-C (GCSEs), AAB (A levels) - Raynes Park High School/Sixth Form
• I was Ambassador/House Captain for my school. My role included representing our school on public appearances, taking important decisions, organizing and managing events
• I took part in a buddying scheme where I mentored a younger student in English and literacy for 2 years
• Won “Best English as an additional language” award in Raynes Park high school
• Won “Biggest progress in Spanish” award in Raynes Park high school
• I have volunteered to be a part of a charity called “Sleep easy”. This involved me sleeping on the streets on cardboard to raise awareness and money for the YMCA homeless shelter in Wimbledon. We raised £1000!
• In 2013 I took part in a program known as ''The Challenge'' powered by NCS [National Citizen Service] where I volunteered and organised charity events for children with autism and elderly people with dementia.
“The Challenge” provided me with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to grow in confidence, develop lifelong skills and contribute to my community. Being a part of the challenge gave me the opportunity to develop my teamwork skills amongst people I wouldn’t normally mix with, as well as my leadership skills, as I was nominated project manager twice. As a project manager, I organized trips, events, and activities for everyone. During the challenge, I worked with a variety of people of different ages, ethnicities, religions, and cultures and made friends for life. While participating in the Challenge, I also volunteered to work in a residential care home for the elderly. I was chosen to represent my team by giving a public Ted talk on behalf of the NCS to motivate and inspire the entire challenge community. The personal and team skills I acquired on the challenge have helped me achieve success in my jobs and personal relationships ever since.
Interests and Hobbies:
Professional skills aside, I’m a very friendly and caring individual. I like being around people from different backgrounds and cultures. I am also passionate about animals and the protection of wildlife and the environment. I try to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle, both mentally and physically. I believe I’m a great communicator and talker and find it easy to effectively share ideas. In my spare time like to read books about self-development, neuroscience, phycology, human-computer-interaction, and criminology. I am outgoing and enjoy meeting new people and participating in new activities. I am currently working on some personal web-development projects, which revolve around self-improvement and mental awareness. I love turning ideas I’m passionate about into reality.
References on Request
basic computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, programming languages lessons for all!
Taking python lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|