I graduated from King's College London in 2017 with a First Class LLB. I have firsts in the following modules: Property, Trusts & Equity, Tort, Competition Law, and Company Law.
I can make complicated concepts easily accessible, and I am good at developing solid exam techniques.
While I'm new to tutoring, throughout my degree I've worked with and helped other students. I helped several friends of mine with their upcoming Property and Trusts exams. I was a mentor to a first year student while in my final year. As part of my degree, and on the LPC, I've also had to review and give feedback on the written work of other students.
2013–2017 King’s College London, LLB (Hons), First Class
Modules: 1st Year:
Contract Law – 67
European Union Law – 68
Criminal Law – 60
Public Law – 66
Public International Law - 66
Law of Tort - 70
Law of Trusts – 70
Property Law – 73
Company Law – 70 Competition Law – 70
Private International Law – 65 Jurisprudence - 67
Cornell Law School, USA, JD Exchange Student (GPA: 3.846)
Evidence (4 Credits): A
Business Organisations (3 Credits): A-
Trial Advocacy (5 Credits): B+
Global M&A (1 Credit, pass/fail class.): Pass
Business & Financial Concepts for Lawyers (1 Credit): A+
Trial Practice and Economics from the Plaintiff’s Point of View (1 Credit): A
Corporate Finance (3 Credits): A
Securities Regulation (4 Credits): A
Foreign Direct Investment and International Law (3 Credits): A
International Cartel Enforcement (2 Credits): A
Paper on Sovereign Immunity (2 Credits, pass/fail class.): Pass.
2009–2013 Irish Leaving Certificate
Marks: A1 (Top Grade) for Economics, Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, French and History; B2 for English and Irish.
Scholarships & Awards
• Dickson Poon Undergraduate Scholar: £18,000 merit scholarship to King’s College London
• CALI Excellence for the Future Award, for first place in Business & Financial Concepts for Lawyers.
• CALI Excellence for the Future Award, for first place in International Cartel Enforcement.
• Gold Medallion (Three Times): received award for top overall academic performance in my high school year.
• Terenure College Prefect: elected Prefect for 2012-2013 academic year.
• School Debating Chamber Champion: School Chamber winner in 2013 and 2011.
• Model United Nations (MUN) Awards:
o Royal Russell International MUN Distinguished Delegate: 2012 and 2011, Outstanding Delegation: 2012 and 2011.
o St. Andrews International MUN Distinguished Delegate: 2012 and 2009, Outstanding Delegation 2012 and 2011.
August 2018 Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, Future Trainee Solicitor, London, UK.
June-Aug 2017 Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, Paralegal, Sydney, Australia.
• Worked as a capital markets paralegal in the Sydney office of a top U.S. law firm.
• Did business development research on industry sectors and specific potential clients.
• Prepared first draft of segments of a 144A Offering Memorandum for a major Australian infrastructure client. Reviewed investor presentations against documents provided by the issuer and performed other due diligence tasks.
• Researched various U.S. capital market rules.
• Prepared daily update of relevant news stories to be circulated to Australia offices.
July 2016 Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, Vacation Scheme, London, UK.
• Assisted with drafting, research, and preparing pricing supplements for an MTN programme.
July 2016 Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, Vacation Scheme, London, UK.
July 2015 Clifford Chance LLP, Vacation Scheme, London, UK.
• Sat in the Litigation and Corporate M&A departments.
• Worked on a joint venture between a hedge fund and local property investors.
• Drafted a letter for a pro bono client in the Litigation department.
2014–2015 King’s College London Law Society, Mooting & Debates Officer, London, UK.
• Organised the Baker & McKenzie Moot, with 64 competitors and the final judged by the Lord Scott of Foscote (a former Law Lord), also the Clifford Chance Novice Moot.
• Received 2015 Best Law Society Overall Award at the inaugural LawCareers.Net Student Law Society Awards.
2014-2015 Herbert Smith Freehills, Campus Ambassador, London, UK.
• Managed social media interaction with King’s College London students, promoted Herbert Smith Freehills events.
Summer 2014 Polaris Pacific, Summer Associate, San Francisco, USA.
• Worked in the research department of a real estate sales company that offered pricing recommendations for new property developments.
• Analysed demographic trends, proof read and assisted with assembling pricing models.
June 2012 Joseph Kane & Company Solicitors, Work Experience, Dublin, Ireland.
• Performed basic legal research tasks and general secretarial duties.
• Delivered claim forms for issuing.
Member of the Cornell Moot Court Board, 2015-16.
Phillip C. Jessup Moot North East Regional, Semi-finalist, New York City, USA.
University of Leicester Medical Law Moot, Quarterfinalist, Leicester, UK
November 2014 Keating Ad/Nov Moot, Winner, London, UK.
January 2014 Herbert Smith Freehills Mooting Workshop, Winner, London, UK.
SSI Advanced Open Water Certificate in Scuba Diving
Surfing Latin dance Long-distance running
French: Intermediate (B1) Irish: Intermediate (B1)
Perfect! Dermot is friendly and very helpful. Throughout our lessons he ensured that I understood everything, he always checked if he had any questions. At the end of the teaching, we went through exam questions which were very helpful. If you want a caring, kind and a professional tutor, then he is the one. Thank you, again.
business law lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest civil law lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, international law lessons for all!
Taking preparation for lpc lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|