I approach each student by establishing their level of understanding for each subject, I then begin to teach following their direct curriculum so we have directed learning, working towards their examinations. I also use exam questions as a way of testing because a huge way of enabling success in exams are learning the exam techniques alongside the content.
I have a 1st class bachelor of science degree in medical physiology and therapeutics, I have been tutoring for approximately 10 years from GCSE students to A Level students. Many of my students have the end goal of applying to a medical/science based degree, which I can also help with.
Experienced Administrative Specialist with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital and healthcare industry. Skilled in Clinical Research, Microsoft Office, Time Management, Hospitals, and Teamwork. Strong support professional with a 1st Class Bachelor of Science degree with honours in Medical Physiology and Therapeutics from the University of Nottingham.
• Customer interface expertise
• Computer literate
• High attention to detail
• Adaptable learner
• Trusted employee
• Strong analytical skills
• Interpersonal abilities
• Exceptional communication
• Relationship management
• Innovative thinker
• Good telephone mannerism
• Interpersonal abilities
• Legal and procedural knowledge
• Reporting skills
Education and Qualifications:
University of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
September 2015 - July 2018
Bachelor of Science: Medical Physiology and Therapeutics
First class obtained
Key Modules: Research Design, Research Methods and Statistics, Skeletal Muscle Physiology and Metabolism in Exercise, Health and Disease, Clinical Cases in Endocrinology and Diabetes, Diagnostic Histopathology and Imaging, Rehabilitation and Long Term Conditions.
Langley Park School for Boys, Beckenham
September 2013- July 2015
A Level: Psychology (A), Biology (B), Chemistry (B)
Archbishop Tension’s Church of England High School
September 2008- August 2013
GCSEs: 11 A*-C including Mathematics (B), English (A) and Chemistry (A)
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust- Healthcare Assistant
October 2018- Present
• Observing, monitoring and recording patients' conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations, and weight.
• Assisting patients with personal care including infection prevention and control, food, personal hygiene, and overall reassurance, comfort, and safety.
• Reporting variances in a patient’s condition immediately to a relevant professional.
• Ensuring Patient’s physical environment is maintained e.g. Warmth, cleanliness.
• Undertaking nursing tasks under the direction of a qualified practitioner i.e. prompting medication, catheter care, temperature taking, basic wound care, blood sugar monitoring, stoma care.
• Undertaking Therapy tasks under the supervision of a qualified Therapist.
• Supporting and encouraging patients to undertake domestic tasks necessary to return/remain at home i.e. laundry, shopping.
• Encouraging patients to return to social activities when appropriate and facilitating them to achieve this.
NHS Professionals- Administrative Assistant
August 2017- September 2018
• Ensured physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduled patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
• Produced information by transcribing dictation, prepared medical reports and summaries, patient histories and operative notes.
• Provided historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintained patient records; recorded meeting discussions.
• Secured information by completing database back-ups.
• Maintained patient confidence and protected operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintained office supplies inventory, anticipated colleagues needs; placed and expedited orders; verified receipts.
• Maintained quality results by following and enforcing standards.
• Adhered to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
Orpington Hospital- Medical Secretary
August 2017- September 2017
• Represented the physician by screening incoming telephone calls; recording and transmitting messages.
• Arranged referrals to other health care providers; scheduled appointments for consultations, x-rays, lab tests, physical therapy, MRI's, CT scans, etc.
• Ensured physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
• Produced information by transcribing dictation, prepared medical reports and summaries.
• Maintains patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• Updated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
Interests and Hobbies:
In my spare time, I enjoy baking, practising popular recipes and cake decorating. I have also started a course in sign language and I am an active member of the gym.
References available upon request.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physiology lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£28|
|5 hours||Not available||£125||£140|
|10 hours||Not available||£235||£280|