I provide 11+ lessons; they can be adapted to suit the needs of any pupil! I tend to prefer a focus on practice over just 'teaching' or explaining to avoid being stuck by the hurdles examiners throw into the exams so have a huge stock of questions on each topic in order to really find and isolate issues and overcome these.
I am a 2020 Oxford Law graduate taking 6 months out before pursuing my legal career in London. I studied Mathematics, English Literature, Physics and History at A-Level, achieving A*A*AA at a local grammar school having passed the 11+ in 2009. I also achieved an A in AS Further Maths. I achieved 11A*s at GCSE. I have mentored and tutored students from year 8 to third year of university in academic subjects, university applications and career mentoring.
Hertford College, University of Oxford - BA (Hons) Jurisprudence (October 2017 – June 2020): 2:1 (expected).
A Levels (2017): Mathematics A*, English Literature A*, History A and Physics A.
AS Levels (2016): Mathematics A, English Literature A, History A, Physics A and Further Mathematics A.
GCSEs (2015): 11 GCSEs, all at A*
Hertford College Physics and Mathematics course mentor (June 2020 - Present)
- Providing online tutoring sessions for year 12 girls hoping to pursue mathematics or physics at university focused on teaching skills and topics beyond the syllabus.
Pathways to Law, UNIQ digital and Access Oxbridge Mentor (February 2019 - Present)
- Teaching prospective students about Oxbridge
- Providing them with feedback on their submissions and assisting them with their university applications on the digital forums.
- Promote access to Oxford for underrepresented groups.
Linklaters Oxford Law Access Ambassador (May 2018 – June 2019)
- Attending training and meetings with members of the firm.
- Taking part in school visits to promote access to the University.
- Representing the Faculty and the University at Open Days.
Residential Advisor at Hertford College (June 2018 – Present)
- Managed groups of 40 people for up to 14 hours per day.
- Effectively dealt with emergencies such as crimes and injuries.
- Organised a variety of activities for students aged 14 – 25.
Hertford College Student Ambassador (January 2018 – Present)
- Leading tours and workshops with students from targeted areas.
- Representing the college on open and welcome days.
Physics Ambassador (April 2016 – June 2017)
- Ran lunchtime help sessions for younger pupils.
- Helped to increase the uptake of A-Level Physics from 25 to 40 pupils over the course of the year.
Mathematics Tutor (September 2015 - July 2016)
- tutored year 8 pupils in mathematics.
- provided homework and practice questions in order to catch them up with their peers..
Amelia is a great English tutor. Her resources are fantastic and she is always keen to help.
Amelia taught my son English Literature. She was always incredibly helpful and organised. She really increased his confidence in the subject. I would wholeheartedly recommend her tutoring services.
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|