I try and teach my students the core essentials initially for each topic so that they grasp the primary understanding before giving them questions around the topic, which will allow them to apply their knowledge. I hope that these problems will help my students become more analytical thinkers and ask me more questions so I can help them grow.
I Recently completed my Second year at University of Nottingham and also did A level maths in High school where I achieved an A*. I am very keen to teach maths and I believe I know the tips and tricks required in order to get the best learning out of my students.
University of Nottingham September 2017-Present
BSc Economics– Predicted First and achieved a 2:1 average in first year
Dubai English Speaking College (Dubai-United Arab Emirates) September 2014–June 2017
A Level: Mathematics (A*), Biology (A), and Economics (B)
GCSE: Mathematics (A) and English (A) September 2010–June 2014
Event Organisation- Z Couture events (Dubai-United Arab Emirates) July 2018-August 2018
• Team lead for Organising and setting up of events for Corporate clients
• Cost Control and budget planning for main events and side ventures such as food trucks and school functions.
• Social Media training to support and develop business web page, Instagram and twitter account handling
Sales and customer service- Zebra crossing (Dubai-United Arab Emirates) August 2018- Sept. 2018
• Support development and execution of Sales and Marketing activities for school festivals and entertainment events
• Team lead trained to apply personalized parties with multiple themes to suit customer needs and demands
• Attended meetings along with Company directors to gain in depth practical knowledge on application of marketing strategies (Product, price, place and promotion)
Internship – Ernst and Young Chartered Accountants (Dubai-United Arab Emirates) December 2016-Jan. 2017
• Worked as an Intern in the Audit and Assurance consultancy for one of the largest Global consultancy firms
• Tasks included review and vouching of documents against expenses recorded in the financial statements
• Analytical review and comparison of periodic numbers to record reason for variances
• Participation in meetings with client to interact and record minutes of such meeting
• Understanding Business Partnering techniques by participating in client meetings to interact and take minutes
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• High School student class representative leading tasks such as discussing and encouraging team members to raise concerns and share suggestions on student issues for discussion with senior staff members.
• Focal point for student committee in charge of collecting pupil concerns by carrying out questionnaires and conducting surveys and reporting back to the Head of Year.
• Mentored freshmen in Year 7,8 and 9 to support any students facing initial difficulties due to high school stress
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Pro Bono Society January 2019- Present
• Visiting Prisons to give Presentations to current convicts on how they can turn around their life after their sentence.
• Received training over 6 weeks on how to approach and effective communication with different people serving sentences in prisons.
Model United Nations September 2015- June 2017
• Competed with 100 national schools from within the United Arab Emirates
• Participated in highly competitive debates about current world issues
• Pre-formulated the position of the country being represented by writing and submitting a position paper
Duke of Edinburgh September 2015- June 2016
• Completed the Bronze and Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award travelling to Cyprus to complete the expedition
• Participated in a skill, service and physical recreation once a week for a period of 6-9 months
Environmental (Eco) Club September 2016- June 2017
• Visited many primary schools to raise awareness about the harm being caused to the environment
Sports - Cricket September 2013- June 2017
• Captain of the cricket team for 2 years
• Won the player of year award for my school in year 10
• Was the school cricket coach for children under 12 and 13 and taught them the fundamentals throughout Year 12 and 13
• Trained in multiple academies including participating in the International Cricket Council (ICC) coaches programme
Sports- Basketball September 2014- June 2015
• Part of the Basketball school team
• Competed in the MPAC league with almost every school in Dubai and finished as runners up
• Sports: Play and follow multiple sports (football, cricket, basketball, tennis and boxing)
• Languages: English, Urdu (Fluent), Hindi (Fluent)
• Good Microsoft Office knowledge: Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Social Media browsing
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|