My teaching method consists of breaking down a problem in its most basic form so students may understand and appreciate the foundations of Mathematics. This is usually conveyed through visual representations of the problem or breaking it down in a way the student(s) may understanding.
I am a student looking to find some experience tutoring in a subject I have spent most of my life fascinated by. I have tutored individual students as well as classes before and am happy to take on either class formats.
If the distance is required for me to travel over a mile, I may charge travel expenses depending on whether the location is covered by my university bus pass. If cancellation occurs, students will be notified as soon as possible, otherwise a day before.
Phone number: (concealed information)9
Email address: (concealed information)
I am a second-year Mathematics student looking for opportunities to exercise my analytical skills and fulfil my passion for working with young people. I hope to pursue a career in Education as my academic experiences have been very rewarding.
• Villiers High School, September 2011- June 2018
o 12 A*-B GCSEs including an A* in Maths and an extra qualification, FSMQ (Free Standing Maths Qualification)- whereby I, as well as 8 other select few students, were chosen to study an advanced maths course.
o A level: Mathematics- A; Chemistry-B; English Literature-B
• University of Surrey, September 2018- Present
o BSc (Hons) Mathematics, on track for a 2:1
Work experience/relevant experience:
Feb 2017-April 2017, Math tutor:
• Tutored young people from the ages of 5-15
• Reported on progress, behaviour and level of aptitude of each individual student
• Assigned appropriate homework assignments and provided constructive criticism
• Successfully divided my attention over 10 students
7-18th August 2017 Acorn Aspirations:
• Conducted and brainstormed application designs as a team
• Communicate an Elevator Pitch to potential clients
• Networked with mentors
• Time management- liaise with team members to meet deadlines
October 2018- July 2019, Sales assistant, WHSmith
• Proactively interacted and delivered high-level customer service
• Completed due diligence and ensured customer satisfaction and safety
• Demonstrated the ability to multitask and prioritise duties
• Managed weekly banking: ensured colleagues carried out transactions correctly, identified and amended errors
• Mentored a (successful) potential employee
• Participated in the (Women-only) Fearless Futures program (Meeting once a week for two months)
o Discussed contemporary injustices faced by women, listened and appreciated my classmates’ concerns and ideas
• Helped raise money for the African Crisis by persuading local businesses to donate food resulting in a record-breaking profit
• Excellent communication skills- as demonstrated through my tutoring of young people from the ages of 5-15
• Quick mental maths- practised throughout my degree
• Teamwork and interpersonal skills- demonstrated through my pitch for Acorn Aspirations
• Advanced use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Able to manage time effectively and prioritise tasks
• Fluent in speaking Punjabi, professional working Hindi
I am an avid reader of fictional novels and particularly enjoy Neil Gaiman’s work. I also enjoy reading about modern-day politics.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£8||Not available|