My tutoring style is practice based, as I feel the best way to achieve results with Mathematics is through practical experience with solving similar questions. By working through questions logically and with help at any stages you get stuck on, you can work on building your Maths knowledge to the level you would like to achieve. With younger students, this is achieved partially through a range of relevant Maths games.
I am currently available for tutoring on daily, and from September I will be available on weekday evenings and weekends. I also offer intensive tutoring, where I can provide multiple sessions per week or longer sessions - if you're interested please let me know the sort of time scale you're considering.
One of our best tutors! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and response guaranteed. Isabelle will plan your first lesson with care.
I have over 350 hours of tutoring and teaching experience, predominantly in Mathematics, with 15 students from year 3 to A - level.
In 2021, I completed a month - long teaching internship at a local school in Exeter, where I delivered lessons and supported classes in the role of a TA. This experience gave me valuable feedback on my teaching style that helped me develop my session delivery and planning to maximize the student's experience.
I am an Exeter Mathematics University student and I have A*/A/B A - levels in Maths, Physics and Further Maths respectively. I also have STEP 2 and 3 at Grade 3 (Cambridge Mathematics Entrance Papers).
I also have experience with University applications, TMUA and the UKMT Maths Challenge.
I have an enhanced DBS check.
Cancelling a lesson with less than 24 hours notice will incur a £6 cancellation fee.
- This year (2nd year) I achieved an average of 77%, and last year I achieved an average of 86%. I am currently on track to receive a first as my degree classification.
- I am currently studying Mathematics at the University of Exeter, and achieved a Dean's Commendation last year.
- A – levels (sat in 2019)
o Maths – A*
o Physics – A
o Further Maths – B
- AS levels (2018)
o Maths - A
o Further Maths - A
o Physics - A
o Chemistry - B
o Critical Thinking (2016) – B
- GCSE’s (2017)
o Maths - 9
o Further Maths - A*
o English Language - 8
o English Literature - 8
o Computing - A
o History - A
o Biology - A
o Chemistry - A*
o Physics - A*
o French - A*
- I have also taken other Maths exams, including STEP (Cambridge Mathematics Sixth Term Examination Papers) 2 and 3, TMUA (Test of Mathematics for University Admission) and I received a silver for the Senior UK Maths Challenge.
School Teaching Experience:
- Maths Teaching Intern: Exeter Maths School, 14th June – Present (160 hours).
I completed a four week Maths teaching internship run by Exeter Maths School, working in the Maths department of Cullompton Community College, a college of ~750 students aged 11 to 16. I was responsible for lesson planning, classroom support, and delivering whole lessons and lesson segments. The structure and support of the internship has helped me develop my tutoring and teaching ability in a professional environment, and has given me tools and techniques to support students from a range of age and ability groups.
- Tutoring Experience: Year 9 student, September 2020 – Present (36 hours), Maths. The aim of these sessions is to challenge this student and introduce him to new topics.
- Tutoring Experience: Year 9 student, September 2020, February 2021 – May 2021 (20 hours), Maths. This student is sitting an end of year test to determine the path he’ll take next year.
- Tutoring Experience: University Undergraduates Year One, November 2020 – March 2021 (9 hours). As part of University scheme, I mentored a Maths undergraduates study group.
- Tutoring Experience: Year 10/11 student, April – May 2020, November 2020 – February 2020 (17 hours), Maths. I supported this student through her GCSE years with past papers.
- Tutoring Experience: Year 11 student, October 2020 – January 2021 (11 hours), Maths (Edexcel) and Science (AQA). The aim of these sessions was to cover foundation topics with a student who wasn’t comfortable with these subjects.
- Tutoring Experience: A-Level, AQA Maths, November 2020 (~ 11 hours). This student wanted to re-cover the A-Level material before a mock exam.
- Tutoring Experience: Year 11 student, October 2020 (10 hours), Maths (Edexcel), 16+. This student wanted to cover material for her 16+ exam that hadn’t been taught in her GCSE yet.
- Tutoring Experience: GCSE student, June 2020 – July 2020, (7 hours), Maths. We focussed on a range of topics, working with the home-schooling tasks the student had been given.
- Tutoring Experience: Year 3 student, May 2020 – August 2020, (7 sessions), Maths. The sessions focussed on supporting the student while she was being home-schooled.
- Tutoring Experience: Year 9 student, May 2020 – June 2020, (5 hours), Maths. This student didn’t feel confident with Maths, so we worked on securing some foundation skills.
- Tutoring Experience: Year 8 student, April 2020 – July 2020, (9 hours), Physics. In these sessions, we explore GCSE content that interests him.
- Tutoring Experience: Year 7 student, 2016 – 2017, (12 hours), English. I tutored this student in Literacy (confidence and reading comprehension) while in a mentorship scheme at school.
- Tutoring Experience: Miscellaneous, 2020 – 2021 (29 hours). I have done several stand-alone or short-term (2 months or less) sessions with students who wanted topic specific help or immediate exam revision, including GCSE and A – level Maths and Further Maths. I also volunteered with supporting a local Junior String Orchestra (12 hrs).
- I have an enhanced DBS check.
Perfect! We couldn't arrange a lesson due to technical issues and the time constraint, but Isabelle was still helpful and has suggested a methodology to tackle the questions I had. I think she is a great tutor!
I wasn't able to help them as much as I would've liked, as we experienced technical difficulties and they were under very intense time pressures. However, I hope the exam that they were preparing for, under short notice, went as well as they wanted it to.
Isabelle is a thoughtful and kind individual with a passion for maths. As a friend of Isabelle, I believe that she brings not only an outstanding knowledge of the subject but patience and understanding. Both of which I think are extremely important in the role. I would therefore recommend her highly.
Isabelle is an incredibly hardworking, dedicated individual who I have known for just over a year now. She is creative and confident and, although I have not worked with her in a professional capacity, knowledge of her high achievement at university so far assures me she completes her work to a consistently high standard.
As a tutor, I can assure you she will be kind and considerate, balancing the demands of the curriculum with your child's individual learning style, and ensuring your child's academic nees and ambitions are met and exceeded.
She's kind, approachable, and can always find a way to explain it so in clicks in your head. Makes lessons enjoyable rather than a chore. All this whilst being incredibly gifted in Mathematics, Computing and general problem solving.
Isabelle is reliable, hard-working and committed. She is very passionate about her subject
Isabelle is attentive, organised and a pleasure to work with.
I have known Isabelle for 15 years and throughout this time she has helped me in understanding maths. She is one of the kindest and most patient people I know, and this is reflected in her tutoring style. As well as being highly intelligent, Isabelle is good at making information accessible by tailoring her explanations if it wasn't clear the first time. I would recommend her for her patience and her sheer passion for maths, which are, in my opinion, the two most important attributes for any maths tutor. Enthusiasm provides a fun lesson, and patience provides a safe atmosphere, free from judgement and pressure.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£22|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£110|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£220|