My teaching methodology involves encouraging students to think critically and outside the box as this is what pushes you into the higher marks. I push students to use their own experiences and knowledge of the world beyond studies to inform their writing so that they learn to produce their own writing voice.
I am a 3rd year sociology student at the LSE on course to graduate with a First Class Honours. I achieved an A* in my sociology A-Level as well as two As in Law and Philosophy. I have had experience tutoring my sister in Sociology A-Level and helping people to construct essays.
I am a highly motivated and confident individual, who has completed GCSEs and A-Levels, attaining high grades. Currently, I am in my third year of undergraduate study on course to obtain a First Class Honours.
Key Skills and Qualities
• Advanced maths skills acquired through a higher tier GCSE course
• Advance Microsoft Excel skills
• Advance Microsoft Word skills
• Competent in use of Stata analysis developed through research as part of my degree
• Basic Microsoft Access skills
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, developed through essay writing and customer service
• Ability to use initiative and work well under pressure in order to meet task goals
• Capacity to work well with a team developed through working in a fast-paced environment
• Ready to work towards targets and achieve goals
• Quick learner, keen to learn and improve skills
• Ability to take on responsibilities
• Polite and well mannered
London School of Economics
• Constructing and carrying out a survey of the student body
• Sorting and analysing data
• Carrying out a literature review as a premise for the research
• Engaging students with research
The Beaver Newspaper, London School of Economics
Comment Section Editor
• Editing submissions to the Comment section
• Writing pieces for Comment and other sections, particularly with a focus on social justice
St. Francis’ College
• Biology – A*
• Chemistry – A*
• Drama – A*
• English Language – A*
• English Literature – A
• French – A*
• Geography – A
• ICT – B
• Maths - A
• Physics – A*
• Religious Studies - A
• Sociology – A*
• Philosophy – A
• Law – A
London School of Economics
Third year study of Sociology BSc
Hobbies & Interests
Over the past few years I have become involved in different dramatic pieces most notably I was a part of ‘the National Theatre Connections’ competition as an actress in a play titled ‘The Accordion Shop.’ I also enjoyed participating in the ‘Poetry by Heart’ competition in which I recited a poem by W. E. B. Du Bois. More recently I participated in an art showcase for the LSESU Afro-Caribbean Showcase in which I performed various Black culture inspired dances.
I spent a year or so as a freelance writer for Affinity Magazine publishing articles as frequently as possible. These articles typically relate to social justice as this is a topic I am most interested in. This led me to start writing for the student newspaper at university. I also worked this year as secretary of the LSESU Cocktail Society organising events and liaising with the student union, as well as, other societies.
At the end of my first year at university I was awarded the Hobhouse Memorial Award for attaining the highest grades on my course.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|