I am an Education student at Durham University, so I am confident I have the knowledge to adapt my teaching methodology to suit the student. From personal experience, I find the most successful teaching style for success at Grade 5 theory involves early exposure to past papers, which I will guide the student through and ensure any marking is turned around as quickly as possible.
I am a grade 8 musician, playing piano, clarinet, organ and voice with over 10 years of solo and orchestral experience. I sat my grade 5 theory age 14, but have supplemented this knowledge with International Baccalaureate Higher Level music, which covered music theory up to Grade 8 level.
Durham University (October 2018 to present)
- 2nd Year BA Education Studies
George Watson's College (August 2005 to June 2018)
- International Baccalaureate: 38/45 points inc. 7/7 in Higher Level music
- National 5s: 8 As inc. music
- Front of House Assistant at Edinburgh Fringe
- Holiday Playworker with City of Edinburgh Council: holiday support for children with disabilities
- Teach First Insight Scheme
- BBC Radio Scotland work experience
- Founder and musical director of Noteworthy: Durham's newest non-audition choir
- Musical director for 2 of Durham's biggest musicals
- Alto in two of Durham's top auditioned choirs
- Education Society social secretary
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music theory lessons for all!
Taking composition lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|