My approach to teaching
During initial inquiry
When a student contacts me, I ask about their requirements, their strengths/weaknesses, some background and a copy of the material to have a glance at. Once I am fully sure that I can teach upon that subject then I propose lessons.
Before the lessons
I do some background reading about the area/concepts that I will be teaching to refresh my knowledge and to make sure that my lessons are as effective and efficient (and insightful) as possible.
During the lessons
I like to work at the student's pace by fully assessing their needs and modifying my way of teaching to the level of their understanding, their requirements and their comfort. I like to go to the extra mile by giving various examples, always trying to link questions/concepts/theories to real life cases so students can engage and relate to the topic. I like to answer all questions no matter big or small and which shows that you are learning.
The reason I am charging £12 an hour is because of the additional effort that I put before each and every lesson to make sure I deliver quality lessons to my students.
I am an Accounting and Finance graduate who has completed masters in this field from the top UK university. I started studying Accountancy from college where I studied AAT Diploma and since then I never looked back. In 2018, I completed my masters at a very young age (22). I am great with numbers and accounting concepts and I can explain these to any person whether they are from numerical background or not.
My tutoring experience
I have tutored one of my friend who was studying AAT in Accounting from the same college which I went to. I helped him with subjects such as Budgeting, Financial Accounting and even Management Accounting. Apart from helping him with these subjects, I have often taught him or gave him advice about other subjects within the Accountancy and Finance sector. There are many other friends of mine to whom I have provided valuable advice whether it be about personal finance or any other areas of life. Check out the recommendations by them on my profile.
Recently, I have tutored undergraduate students who needed help with their coursework/exams/assignments. I helped them to understand the concepts of Management Accounting and Corporate Finance which are popular subjects for Finance students at universities in the UK. Everyone I have tutored so far have been impressed with the efforts I put into teaching and will recommend myself to you as your new tutor.
96 Moira Street, Leicester, England
A graduate in Accounting and Finance with a first-class honours degree and a merit in masters degree who is currently seeking an opportunity to develop soft skills in a fast paced working environment. Recently, I took up a role as an Accounts Payable Specialist at Arcadia Group Limited in Leeds for three months. I have also worked as a Trainee Bookkeeper for over a year in Leicester with MLM Bookkeeping Limited. Being a finance graduate, I possess key skills such as strong research and analytical skills, effective communication skills, the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and team working skills.
University of Leeds, Leeds [September 2017 – August 2018]
MSc Accounting and Finance (Merit)
Notable modules: Financial Analysis, Accounting and Organizational Performance and Critical Skills for the Finance Professional.
• Proficient in the use of all MS Office programs as well as a few statistical software packages such as STATA and SPSS.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills enhanced through academic essays, reports, posters and presentations.
• Managed multiple projects/assignments with deadlines within the same period with efficient prioritization.
• Undertook independent research using a sample of 255 firms to analyse whether Corporate Social Responsibility adds financial value to the UK firms using a multiple of databases/software such as Bloomberg, FAME, Excel and STATA.
De Montfort University, Leicester [October 2015 – May 2017]
BA Accounting and Finance (1st)
Notable modules: Advanced Financial Reporting, Audit and Assurance and International Developments in Accounting.
• Coordinated and worked with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures in various group assignments such as group presentations and group report.
• Presented confidently in a team and on my own during assignments and interviews. I also have a track record of winning prizes in speech competition at festivals in India.
South Leicestershire College, Leicester [September 2012 – December 2014]
Diploma: Accounting (Competent)
• I grasped the foundation of Accountancy through this course which prepared me well for advance studies at university. Alongside this, I also studied English and ICT functional skills to further develop my skills.
Hamilton Community College, Leicester [September 2011 – June 2012]
• Studied GCSE in Maths, English and Graphic Design and BTEC in Science and Art and Design.
Arcadia Group Limited, Leeds [March 2019 – May 2019]
Accounts Payable Specialist
• Coded posts that arrives via postage or email using the property reference which was the fundamental identification for the document.
• Updated all the logs in a timely manner by entering invoices/credit notes onto the relevant Excel spreadsheet to allow payments to be approved before they were made.
• Assisted colleagues with urgent tasks such as dealing with property debt and concessions.
• Reconciled supplier statements to the company’s records and contacted relevant people for required documentation and information via telephone or email.
• Received incoming calls from suppliers chasing for payment and provided them with relevant information to resolve their queries.
Amazon, Coalville [June 2017 – September 2017]
• Received goods that were returned to the company on their system while paying high attention to details as some goods were either damaged or hazardous which needed to be processed accordingly.
MLM Bookkeeping Services Ltd, Leicester [June 2014 – September 2015]
• Recorded invoices, credit notes and petty cash entries onto the Sage 50 software and performed bank reconciliation after entering the bank transactions from clients’ records.
• Organised the files of clients according to the workload and prioritized them as per the deadline.
• Assisted the practitioner with the preparation of final accounts for clients by utilizing the spreadsheet designed for each client individually.
Languages: Hindi (Fluent speaker, basic writer), Gujarati (Fluent speaker, basic writer)
Full clean driving license
Hobbies & Interests
I maintain my fitness by getting involved in physical activities and sports in my life. I have a keen interest in learning about entrepreneurship and like to develop my marketing skills, IT skills, investing skills and personality which are essential to become a successful leader in today’s competitive environment. Blog writing is one of my other passion which keeps my creative side thriving.
References are available on request.
Excellent! Good knowledge on the course easy to understand
Attentive and curious to learn. Quick learner. Overall good teaching experience.
Great tutor with better prospective in the field of maths and accounting, uses his hacks to make people understand the basics. Having a great knowledge in his field motivates the people. Love to learn from him.
Rajan is a very profound, very dedicated and welcoming person when it comes to his interest in teaching. His explanation towards life in general, his management and accounting skills is truly praiseworthy. He is a quick-witted thinker, well-mannered communicator and his knowledge of Maths and Accounting are immense which would make him a great teacher.
He is really good at communication and presentation skills.
Love the way Rajan helps people out and share information freely. I am impressed with the way he explains each and every detail. Very helpful and intelligent person.
Rajan is very passionate about teaching and he explains very well. he is very enthusiastic, energetic and has a wonderful way of explaining some of the most complex issues into a clear understandable and simple language with lots of examples.
He has helping and caring attitude and he always help me to improve myself by sharing his ideas, prospectives and wisdom.
Rajan Is a very good tutor as from my previous experience towards the journey of my accountancy career.
He helped me a lot when I was studying AAT (ASSOCIATION OF ACCOUNTING TECHNICIANS)
He helped me in financial statement and Budgeting, He taught me from the root in the details. He was able to explain me the concept in simple way which made my doubt clear.
He always try his best once you give him the task.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest arithmetic lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, statistics lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£12|