I provide specialised, in-depth tuition for STEM students. Beginning with asking what you're working for, what grade you hope to achieve, and if applicable what deadline you need to meet. Following this, I try my hardest to determine what type of learner and student you are. And then I plan, my method, teaching and resources accordingly
I'm a passionate Physics student who has always enjoyed teaching. I am always the kind of person to try and *fully* understand any concept I meet, which leant me to be good at explaining concepts to others as I had to teach myself first. I also often suffered from having good understanding and subject knowledge but loosing marks due to exam technique. Having struggled through this a lot personally I know how to help others with tackling this foreboding hurdle.
I am experienced at teaching all ages from 6-16. Age groups I perhaps specialise in is 10-11 (I am very experienced in 11+ exam teaching) and 14-16.
Typical Hour lesson structure:
- 0-5 mins Homework cover (if struggled can run over)
- 5-10 mins concept teaching (scheduled to cover syllabus within deadline)
-15-30 mins concept practice
-30-40 mins requested concept teaching (concepts students struggle at)
-40-55 mins requested concept practice
-55-60 mins Assigning + Discussing materials to work on throughout week
My method of teaching is very specialised from person to person.
- For students who are struggling at a Subject, I rebuild and explain
fundamentals from the bottom up, (as often there are a only a few
fundamentals that have been missed that cause the whole subject to
make little sense.) Their whole performance, and even their view on the
subject, can change
- For students who are wishing to hit top level, I put special emphasis and
give many tips and tricks for exam technique. (sadly often this is the best
way to drastically increase your performance). I also happily supply super-
curricular materials, if requested.
It is also worth mentioning I have access to lots of teaching resources and exam materials, partially because I live with a teacher and have lots of resources close to hand.
- Teaching Maths to groups of students (6-16) for 3 years
- I've taught around over 50 different Kids in this time,
allowing me to become comfortable in a teaching setting, (and for
some of the younger students building up my patience too!)
- Spent 1-2 years teaching with Private Tutor (Parent)
- I helped and became adept at explaining concepts in a simple way,
to help students understand and excel in topics that they always
- With direct experience, I helped people with the dreaded "Exam
Technique". I helped many people like me, who had good knowledge
and passion but often lacked the Exam technique to get the marks
they could. (It was very rewarding to save people from what I
personally used to suffer from)
- Run and Founded STEM society club within school (teaching STEM) for 6
- Run Lower School Debating Club within school for 1 year
- Have Run Multiple Lectures and Presentations to School + Public
Including prices of any materials I use, I offer £15 per Hour 1 to 1
If in a group lesson of 2 or more £10 per person
If in a group lesson of 4 or more £8 per person
- A level Physics Student as a Queen's Scholar at Ipswich School
- Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
- Full 9s [bar one 8 (German)] at GCSE
- 5x Crest Award Holder (1 Bronze, 2 Silver and 2 Gold)
- Isaac Physics "Physicist of the Year" 2019
- Da Vinci Accolade Holder
- Marsden Award Holder
- Bell Award Holder
- Arkwright Engineering Scholar
- British Physics Olympiad Gold
- National Chemistry Challenge Competitor
- Multiple UKMT maths challenge Gold/Silver Awards
- 38th Nationally in UKMT Group Maths Challenge
Vadan has been teaching in the local Kumon centre for the last 4 years. He also has has taught physics and chemistry to my daughter. He has this natural ability to making complicated topics in a simplified way which is his biggest strength. Because of his young age he connects well with students but at the same time have mature and firm approach to teaching and learning.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£10|