I am able to give lessons to students of all ages up to those giving their GCSE qualifications. I would like to give lessons over Skype but am flexible to work around schedules and teaching styles. I will first as the student to complete a short quiz to determine the academic level of the student, and then proceed to tailoring my lessons accordingly, to ensure we are completing the entire of the syllabus, but with an emphasis on those topics which the student is finding particularly difficult.
The first lesson is free. A cancellation fee of £10 will apply if lessons are cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time.
I have been tutoring for over 7 years, throughout both High School and University, and have taught children between the ages of 5-18. I have clear communication skills, which has supported my students through their entrance exams into the top secondary schools in the area, such as Queen Elizabeth Grammer School and Heckmondwike Grammar School. I am a dedicated and focused student in my own studies, which has helped me achieve a First Grade thus far.
Education and Qualifications
2015-Present University of Leeds, BSc Accounting and Finance, 1st achieved to date
Key modules include: International Banking and Finance, Professional Portfolio
2007-2014 Wakefield Girls High School
4 A-Levels: Economics (A*), Biology (A), Chemistry (B) and Maths (B)
9 GCSEs: (3A* and 6As) including Maths (A), English Language (A) and English
August 2017 Intern at 360training.com
July-August 2017 Placement with the department of Health, NHS England
February 2017, 6th-10th Placement in KPMG
July 2016, 14th -20th Student Ambassador at the IFB2016.
April 2016, 4th-5th First Year Insight Programme at KPMG
• Student ambassador at IFB2016, representing the International Business and Diplomat Exchange. Marketed organization throughout the conference to guests and businessmen and women. Discovered new business opportunities whilst simultaneously increasing communication and teamwork skills.
• Student ambassador for Virgin Media. Market Virgin Media services to students around campus by setting stalls in university and in student halls. Successfully made 20 sales.
• Intern at 360training.com. Part of the finance department. Helped analyse previous month’s sales, and identified areas of improvement. Conversed regularly with clients through phone and email. Also assisted in developing and expanding the company’s financial policies.
• Organized annual Kumon Christmas Party. Purchased food, games and prizes whilst keeping within the particular budget. Planned schedule of the events and room layout, keeping in mind safety of the children.
• Course Representative for 3rd year Accounting and Finance students. Act as a bridge of communication between and students; informing staff of concerns and queries expressed by students. Also design and send round a monthly questionnaire to students to anonymously ask for their feedback, and ways to improve the Business School. Following recent feedback, successfully negotiated iPads being provided for both postgraduate and undergraduate students.
• As General Secretary of the Islamic Society, responsible for overseeing three committee members. Recently guided a committee member through organizing a campaign against racism. We organized 3 events, inviting external academic speakers to give their viewpoint on this topic, and also began a social media campaign posting videos on identifying and preventing racism.
• General Secretary of the Islamic Society. Lead the team in organizing the annual Freshers Dinner. Booked locations and filled out relevant paperwork, such as completing risk assessments and speaker forms, as well as organizing and booking caterers. Also, responsible for marketing the event on social media. Event was a success with approximately 350 people attending.
• Attended First Year Insight Programme at KPMG. Formed teams to create a travel app; prepared a business plan for a particular target market, and presented our pitch to senior members of the department and other teams. Achieved 2nd position.
• Took part in a business simulation game. Prepared a business plan and implemented plan in game, accommodating for unforeseen changes within the market. Finally conducted presentation depicting our progress and outcome. Achieved 5th position in the year.
• Completed an internship with NHS England conducting statistical analysis on data concerning the number of students who had applied to Allied Health Professional courses following the change in law regarding bursaries. Performed statistical analysis using software R. Conducted a presentation with the statistical results. Results were published on UCAS website to be used by students and corporations.
• Achieved ECDL qualification in less than 6 months. Completed assessments on Microsoft word and Excel in particular.
• As Secretary, responsible for making and sending out weekly newsletter to society members. Use MailChimp and other software to design and send out the newsletter, as a way to keep members informed of upcoming events within the society.
Creativity and Integrity
• Archived Diploma in Interior Design. Practice skills as a hobby by designing for friends and family.
• Part of the Islamic Society Charity Week committee. Organized events and held stalls throughout the week to raise money for Islamic Relief. Raised £8,000 as a society.
• Enjoy baking regularly. Bake regularly for university and family events.
November 2014- Present Assistant Tutor at Kumon Education Centre
June 2015- Present Volunteer British Heart Foundation
June 2011-June 2014 Assistant Tutor at KipMcGrath Education Centre
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest other sciences lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
Taking biochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£13|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£65|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£130|