My teaching strategy is to make education fun. It should not feel boring or a burden. I believe in executing different topics through different activities and real-life examples. This not only helps students to remember the topics for long-term but also motivates them to be curious about education. I have been successful with this method as some of my students have progressed to Grammar Schools successfully. My method of teaching is more deep learning than surface learning.
I am currently studying, BSc Accounting and Management at Queen Mary University. I am an ambitious and well-qualified student with creative thinking and strong leadership skills. Excellent at working under pressure and handling difficult situations. I am adaptable to changes in situations and reliable when it is about any responsibility. I am really friendly and try my utmost to help people in need. I have prior experience of three years of teaching and I am very passionate about providing the best service to my clients. I am currently teaching 11+, SATS students and also KS1 and KS2.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Queen Mary University of London Sep 2017-Jul 2020
• BSc Accounting and Management
Tower Hamlets College Sep 2014-Jul 2017
• BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 Business- D*D*D*
• GCSE Maths – B, English – B
• BTEC Level 2 Business - D*
Willes Little Flower School and College Sep 2013-May 2014
• 9 IGCSE subjects including Maths and English
Student Co-Organiser, PASS| Queen Mary University of London Sep 2018-Present
• Leading and motivating PASS mentor team – holding regular PASS check-in meetings for mentors within the department.
• Advertising session times throughout the department through posters and flyers, word-of-mouth, presentations in lectures and social media platforms.
• The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive as there are requirements to undertake other duties commiserating with the level of the role, as requested by line manager.
Student Ambassador | Queen Mary University of London Jun 2018-Present
• Representing the university at Open Days/Welcome Week/Various Events to engage with prospective students, Alumni, Various stakeholders. Gained interpersonal skills and developed communication skills.
• Designed the new brochure for the School of Business and Management alongside the Marketing team of the School and fellow colleagues.
• The role demands teamwork and good work ethics including time management and professionalism.
Team leader-QCHALLENGE | Common Purpose UK Dec 2017-Apr 2018
• Successfully led a team of 5 to solve a business challenge over a period of one month.
• Had to be immaculate and resilient as was required to study for my exams while preparing a 5-minute video, presentation and a report with the final solution to the challenge.
• Managers from the organisation were impressed with the solution that later offered to use the video prepared, on their website also offer a voluntary job with the company.
Course Representative| Queen Mary University of London Oct 2017 Present
• Role includes attending regular Student Staff Liaison Committee Meetings, which is a meeting with fellow course reps, course directors and senior management staff from the School’s department.
• Responsible for liaising regularly with multiple stakeholders including fellow classmates, schools’ lecturers and university departments.
• Developed professional attributes, including leadership, communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
Private tutor |Revival Tuition Centre Sept 2017-Present
• Teach KS2, KS3 and 11+ students Maths, English and Science.
Senior Student Ambassador |Tower Hamlets College Sept 2016-Aug 2017
• Worked as a team leader, organised events such as enrolment, parents’ evening and open days.
• Acquired the chance to liaise with many elite contacts including the Education Minister, Robert Halfon.
Guest Speaker| KPMG & EY INCLUSION EVENTS Feb 2017- Present
• While hosting Women’s Day Event at college a local MP was impressed with my public speaking and referred me to managers at KPMG to be invited as a guest speaker.
• Since then have been an active member of the organisation Diversity Role Models.
• Actively invited by several organisations including EY and KPMG.
• Providing strong and motivating speech and answering questions in front of a large audience, majorly senior management teams of companies.
Lead Presenter British Value Project & Film |Leaders Unlocked Dec 2016-Apr 2017
• Presenter for a project produced and directed by members of Loop foundation, titled 'British Values'. An unforgettable experience wherein gained presentation skills in front of camera and team work.
One-Week Experience - Barclays Bank, Headquarters Feb 2016
• Acquired an overview of working within a bank. Also, developed transferable skills.
• IT skills: I am excellent with working on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Prezi included), Outlook/Thunderbird, Web research, Acrobat PDF Forms, etc.
• Watching mystery movies/series such as Sherlock Holmes as the paradigm of using logic to analyse and solve problems intrigues and interests me insurmountably.
• Passionate baker. As part of the university’s Baking Society, participated in several charity-baking events, helping societies such as UNICEF raise money.
• Course Rep Award, 2018 – Queen Mary University of London.
• Business Studies Student of the year 2017 – Tower Hamlets College.
Sultana has been teaching students since the last 3 years. I personally know that some of her students went on to Grammar Schools and still get in touch with her to thank her for her support and hard work towards their child contribution. She is definitely a capable, friendly and trustworthy tutor.
Sultana is a great tutor, I always feel more confident when she work along me with my subjects! She is a friendly and lovable person as well, when I need her help no matter where she is, she will always try her best to solve it for me! She is the best tutor I ever had!
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|