I teach statistics and mathematics to all levels up till undergraduate. I have a masters offer and a job offer but my passion lies in spreading knowledge and that is something I will keep doing. I can provide extra support to the pupil or even teach a concept right from scratch, it all depends on the pupil. I adapt to ensure the student is completely comfortable and take pride in the achievements of my students.
I have taught 2 boys from St Paul's and 2 boys from Arnold House. Out of which 2 of them have gotten offers from Oxford and UCL. Moreover, I have taught a first year uni maths course to a LSE student and she got a first. Currently, I am teaching a second year at LSE and one at Durham.
Sep 2015 to date London School of Economics and Political Science
BSc Actuarial Science Candidate (Graduation: 2018)
• Received a merit scholarship from Crescent Steel and Allied Products for £6,995 due to academic excellence.
• Expected Grade: First Class (Honours)
Aug 2008-Jun 2015 Karachi Grammar School
• A Levels: 3A* and 1A including Economics, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
• Pre-University Cambridge Course: A merit in, “Global Perspectives and Independent Research”.
• O Levels: 9A*and 2A including Mathematics, Additional Mathematics and Economics.
• SAT 1: 2160 SAT 2: Maths 800, Physics 790, Chemistry 780
ACADEMIC & WORK EXPERIENCE
4 October 2017- to date LSE LIFE Academic Mentor:
• Responsible for a group of first years, mentoring them and guiding them through their first year at university.
• This is a pilot project, and I will be a mentor from the Statistics Department.
1 October 2015- to date Tutoring:
• Currently tutoring a 2nd Year LSE student, teaching her Elementary Statistical Theory (ST102)
• I have taught Quantitative Methods (MA107) to an LSE student last year and she got a First.
• I have taught A Levels Mathematics and Further Mathematics to a student from St. Paul’s Boys School.
• Yr 10 Mathematics, Common Entrance preparation are also some subjects that I have been teaching part time since in the UK.
26 June 2017-1 Sept 2017 Summer Intern: Lloyds Banking Group (Paid Internship)
• Worked as an intern in the small and analytical Risk Innovation Team, within the Risk Division.
• Worked on two innovation projects using Visual Basic, and had sessions on ARIMA and Garsch Models and time series using R. As well as an introduction to Python, SAS and Tableau.
• Shadowed the Longevity Team within the Group and learnt about reinsurance and bulk annuities. I also prepared a test script to test the changes by the reinsurer. I also attended the actuarial forum.
• Aided in the prioritising of ideas and in planning of the risk conference.
• Raised £750 for Mental Health UK
• The project of automating executive summaries in audit reports which I worked on, saved the group 3,500 hours per annum. Helping the group serve clients more effectively.
• At the end of the internship I got excellent feedback and was offered a graduate role.
11 July 2016-19 Aug 2016 Summer Intern: State Bank of Pakistan (Paid Internship)
• Worked as an intern at the International Markets and Investment Department, in its Foreign Exchange and Liquidity division.
• Prepared a report under the supervision of Sr. Joint Director FXLD titled, “Reserve Management with Ultra-Low and Negative Interest Rates,” and then presented my findings to fellow internees. I consulted OeNB conference on Asset Management in an era of Very Low Interest Rates held in Vienna, 11 March 2015 and IMF Working Paper, Survey of Reserve managers: Lessons from The Crisis, Aideen Morahan and Christian Mudler, 2013.
• Learnt about overnight,1M, 2M and 3M holding of FX dealings through Bloomberg and Reuters.
December 2015 Intern at Crescent Steel and Allied Products Limited (Paid Internship)
• Interned in their Finance and Control Department where I learnt about the day to day calculation of the company’s NAV and its financial obligations.
• Worked on their actuarial workings using formulae to predict the accurate amount of provision to be kept for the company’s pensioners per IAS 19 standards.
• Helped develop the SharePoint company website and learnt about sustainability reporting.
Jul 2014-Aug 2014 Summer Intern: ABL Asset Management (Research and Fund Management Department) • Worked under the supervision of the Chief Investment Officer with the research team. Assisted in portfolio/fund management operations by proof reading with basic exposure to investment options • Daily equities and commodity market watch. • Shadowed senior management meetings and morning briefings. • Attended investor information session by Engro Chemicals.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
July 2017- to date Student Ambassador: Lloyds Banking Group
Sept 2015-June 2017 Student Staff Liaison Committee Officer: London School of Economics
• Representing the Statistics Department in the committee for the LSE100 course.
Aug 2014-Jun 2015 Student Coach: Karachi Grammar School Rowing Team
• I have been an avid rower and an integral part of the Karachi Grammar School Rowing Team since 2009 and was their student coach for the year 2014-15.
• Participated in KBC interschool regatta, Sindh sports board regatta and Asian School Rowing Association Regatta (ASRA). Won 6 Gold, 7 silver and 3 bronze medals.
Aug 2014-Jun 2015 Prefect
• Worked with a team of prefects to organize the senior prom and bake sales in which we collected £2000 for charity.
Aug 2010-Jun 2011 Head Boy
• Took trips personally to the flood affected areas of interior Sindh to oversee the new homes built by the £500 collected by us through a fund raiser in school.
EXTRA-CURRICULAR AND VOLUNTEER WORK
Sep 2016 to date Part of the LSESU Pakistan Development Society where we held a development conference on CPEC.
Aug 2008- Jun 2015 Lead actor in 5 school dramas in leading roles and was a vital part of the drama council at school.
• Voiceover for USAID interactive educational project which was used by Government of Pakistan for
development of primary education in underdeveloped areas, to groom the youth of the country.
• Volunteered 20 hours with Dar ul Sukun- a home for mentally challenged children.
• Volunteer work at Yaar at Gizri School in Karachi for 2 years, where I mentored an elementary school
student. The mentoring goes a long way in grooming the youth.
• Currently mentoring prospective university students at Project Access to help them progress.
IT Skills: Proficient user of MS Office, Bloomberg, Visual Basic and R.
Languages: English(Fluent), Urdu (Native), Hindi (Conversational), French and Arabic (Beginner).
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|