I assess and tailor each lesson based on what my student needs. Firstly, I assess what they need help with and design a teaching plan. I teach topics that they require help with and pick up topics that I feel they need to work on. I teach according to their syllabus with regular assessments. I set homework every week and go over any questions they need help on. I aim to build on their knowledge to ensure they reach their full potential.
I am an Actuarial Science student at the University of East Anglia. I have been tutoring for the past 5 years. I have had experience working with students from year 2 all the way to A-Level. I have at Explore Learning, Leads Tutorial where I designed a lot of the syllabus and as a private tutor. I have tutored both group and one-to-one classes.
I normally charge £20 per hour for up to year 10, £25 per hour for year 11 and £30 per hour for A-Levels.
2016 - 2019 University of East Anglia
• Bachelor of Science: Actuarial Science-Completed First year with a First Class
-CT1-CT8 exemptions accredited at the end of third year.
-Relevant Actuarial Modules include Actuarial methods, Financial Mathematics and Contingencies.
-Completed Applied Statistics module (integrated with R programme) with a first.
2008 – 2015 Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School - Kent
• A Levels: Chemistry (B), Mathematics (B), Physics (C)
• GCSEs: 13 GCSEs [A*-B] including Mathematics (A), English Language (A)
Tutor, Leads Tutorial, Sidcup UK (May 2015-Present)
• Worked with children and young adults teaching core academic subjects (Mathematics and Sciences).
• Responsible for designing syllabus for the 11+ and GCSE Science Summer courses.
• Developed administrative and organisational skills while keeping a tracked record of progress.
Accounting Intern, London Hotel Group LTD, Clapham Common, London (September 2017)
• Working alongside qualified accountants to assist with accounts of Euro Hotels (Croydon) Ltd.
• Using Excel and Sage to record and analyse company’s transactions such as invoices, receipts, payments and allocation.
• Provided support for numerous duties including filing information, organizing data and collating
• Gained confidence in a professional environment, teamwork and learned how to work under pressure.
Destinations Survey caller, UEA, Norwich UK (January 2017-April 2017)
• Contacting graduates from the University of East Anglia to find out where they are currently in terms of their career.
• Developing communicational skills was a vital factor; learning to deal with different scenarios in a
short amount of time was an important aspect of this job.
Tutor, Self Employed (May 2014-May 2015)
• Organising tailored work for each child.
• Improved my administrative skills immensely under strict deadlines to make sure each child had work for their next sessions.
• Developed reporting skills and interpersonal skills through frequent feedback to parents on the
progress of the students.
Tutor, Explore Learning, Sidcup UK (Jan 2014- March 2015)
• Monitoring the academic and social progress as well as providing feedback to their parents.
• Trained 11+ tutor, conducting evening group sessions consisting of 11 to 15 students.
• Developed confidence through creating a vibrant, positive atmosphere that is both enjoyable for the children and staff.
Interests and Accomplishments
President and Co-Founder for UEA Mauritian Society (May 2016- currently)
• Working closely with the Student Union to set up the society, organising and managing events and circulating communication throughout the committee. Gained leadership, prioritising skills as well as confidence. Society
Dance Choreographer for UEA Pakistani Society (May 2016-currently)
• Choreographing performances throughout the year for events such as Eid Dinner, culture and charity fund-raising shows (Go Global and KAOS).
Proficient in Microsoft Office Specialist in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Java Programming, R and MATLAB
Languages: English (Fluent), French (Professional Proficiency), Creole (Fluent) and Hindi (Basic Proficiency)
Duke of Edinburgh award Bronze (2013) - currently working towards Gold
Kathak Dancer-trained in Indian form of classical dance through Bhavan centre, London.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||Not available||£20|