I believe that it is essential for any tutor to make sure that their students feel at ease and this is made possible by implementing the students culture and first language into the lessons. Being fluent in two languages (Gujarati and Hindi), I am able to translate many words for students who also speak that language. I also teach topics that are relevant and will be of use in a real life setting e.g. going to the bank, travelling, going to the doctors.
I have a masters in TESOL from the university of Leicester and I am currently an ESL tutor for adults with extremely weak English levels and are often very shy and nervous. Through empathy and create an atmosphere in which students feel comfortable and at ease, my students have gained and improved their English language skills which is extremely rewarding to watch.
I am currently working as an adult ESL tutor for a private training provider company and I have obtained a master’s TESOL from the University of Leicester after being the course representative for the year as well as obtaining a degree in BA Sociology from the same university. I consider myself to be a highly competent, motivated and enthusiastic individual who enjoys taking part and being part of as many opportunities as possible. I believe that I can work very well under pressure and thrive in a target driven environment due to previous work experiences. Approachable, well presented and able to establish good working relationships with a range of different people, possessing a proven ability to generate innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
18.03.2019- present date: Bright Learning Centre
• Planning and tailoring lesson plans to meet individual needs and targets
• Delivering non accredited and accredited courses
• Having up to date knowledge in ESOL and functional skills
• Monitoring student performance
• Handling enquiries and enrolments
08.17-10.17 and 08.16-10.16: Gateway College – Student Services administrator
• Delivered professional and proficient reception service for two summer seasons, ensuring a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all applicants and visitors
• Provided appropriate guidance and advice for career routes and course options for new students and returning students who have been facing challenges in their college journey.
• Acted as the first contact for the students, staff and visitors for the student service and assigned enquirers to the appropriate support
• Delivered assistance in marketing in setting up activities and stalls to promote the college
• Worked efficiently amongst the student services team as well as supporting head of faculty staff through the vital process of over 7,000 students enrolling
• Dealt with general and enrolment/admission enquiries from applicants, their families, students, staff and outside parties.
• Worked with the ESOL department which included acting as an interpreter and assist students and parents whose first language was not English.
• Established the correct procedures for students with mitigating circumstances and attended safeguarding and confidentiality meetings
• Prepared and organised important documents as well as monitoring the attendance of current and new students.
• Develop empathetic and strong interpersonal skills whilst dealing with students who are facing economic/social issues and build healthy rapports.
06.15-12.15: Clarks – Sales assistant
• Developed retail experience through meeting and exceeding sale targets on each shift
• Developed a thrill for working under pressure within a busy and fast paced environment, especially during summer and Christmas sale times.
• Dealt with several customers at the same time and providing great customer service by ensuring they found what they were searching for
• Taking up the role of a cashier and working on till, ensuring that the customers received all the help they could and dealt with any queries they presented
• Developed team working skills as well as learning to work independently and using my own initiative
03.11-07.11: St Matthews House (The Contact Project) – Youth worker assistant
• Provided support to the youths with special needs and/or who come from deprived and disadvantaged areas.
• Support and encourage youths to participate in events and help them achieve their potential.
• Organises and prepared engaging activities to get members of the youth club involved
• Helped establish and safe and supportive environment for individuals to be a part of.
• Communicational skills:
Gained through the retail experience of working with a range of different customers and communicating with them effectively to provide the best service
• Leadership skills:
Course representative for MA TESOL, attended and chaired meetings, collected queries from fellow peers and voiced issues in the meetings to create a positive change.
• Organisational skills:
Gained through dealing with extremely important and sensitive documentation and ensuring that an effective plan is followed to gain the best results not only for myself but the team I am working with.
• Team working skills:
Developed through working within both small and large teams in which every member shares the same motivation and target.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines:
Developed through the three years of studying Sociology and my Masters, a course which consisted of intense deadlines and pressure as well as working in retail jobs in the busiest periods; summer and Christmas.
Perfect! Superb teacher she is following nice way in teaching
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£14||£14|