Classes can either be online via Zoom, or I could travel to the student. I base each class on what area the student struggles with. As I believe only the student knows what area they truly need help in. So once the area is found I will give the student/s some information at the start of the lesson and give them the teaching material they need to help understand. Then at the end I will approach some past questions as I believe doing and practising questions is the most effective was of truly knowing you understand something and that is what really helped me through A levels.
I am a first year Aerospace Engineering Undergraduate at the University of Sheffield offering fine tuned maths and physics help to students in need. Having tutored at iGCSE level for two years I have experience in working with students. I studied maths physics and chemistry at A levels so I have a deep profound knowledge of these subjects. Especially maths and physics
Kanayo Joseph Odogwu
Phone Number: Nigerian: +2(concealed information)00, UK: +(concealed information)98
The Dragon School, Oxford 2011
Horris Hill, Berkshire 2011-2014
Charterhouse School, Surrey 2014-2015
Downside School, Bath 2015-2017
London Brookes College, London 2017- 2018
Oxbridge Tutorial College Lagos, Nigeria, 2019
Aerospace engineering BEng, University of Sheffield 2019-2022
iGCSE results: 1 A*, 4As, 4Bs 1C, including an A in Maths and English
A level results: Maths (A) Physics (B), Chemistry (B)
About Me: I am currently an A level student, studying in Lagos Nigeria. My main goal in life is to become an aerospace engineer and to one day own my own aircraft manufacturing company situated in my home country Nigeria. I am thoroughly fascinated by aircrafts, Space crafts, and anything that flies! Learning how they work and building them my self is something I find very exciting and look forward to doing in the future.
I would describe myself as a very hard working person who has a very clear set of values when approaching work; hard work, discipline, honesty and humility. Similarly I have the drive to succeed and to do well both at any and all tasks that have been set. As I was in boarding school, I know and understand the importance of working in a team, a skill which is greatly important in the professional world. Furthermore, I know how to handle difficult situations with a cool head without acting irrationally, a skill which I feel is of great relevance in order to succeed in the professional world, as from the experience i have gained so far, I know that it is not always easy going.
Scientific Tour Guide, London 2016 July
• Organised a group of young Nigerian primary students on a scientific visit around London and the popular tourist sites
• Most significantly I organised a trip to the Science Museum. I also took them to the RAF museum where I taught them about the planes and helicopters that were on display and the eras in which they flew.
Zenith Bank, London 2017 July
• Worked in the Business Development and Wealth Management teams learning various aspects of banking and the roles of these two parts of the bank
• Similarly gained experience in the Trade Finance department in which I received a certificate recognising my achievements and success in the tests I took
Chuk’s Restaurant, London 2017 August
• Worked as a waiter for two weeks in which I learnt how to deal with all types of customers and improve my face to face service with customers, which is essential in any hospitality occupation
• I also learnt how to build a rapport with others and understood the importance of having a safe and comfortable work environment, which int turn helped to improve my team building skills and how to work harmoniously in team.
B&Q Retail, London July 2018 - January 2019
• I worked as a customer advisor at trade point. This department was mostly for people who took on a lot of work building and designing things
• I thoroughly enjoyed it as I got quite a lot of insight into building and design by having engaging conversations with the customers
• I often advised them on what tools or types of materials to buy and which ones wold be best for their individual projects.
Extra-Curricular/ Sport Achievements
• National silver medalist U13s Judo in my category
• Silver medalist in U13 regional football tournament
• 1st XII football captain at U13 age category for my school
• Leader of Lexio group in my school
• Representative of school council in 5th and 4th form
• Drum student in which I achieved grade 5 with distinction
• Played in the U18A 7s rugby team in my school
• Played in the U18A football team as a striker
• Played and trained for Somerset and Bath rugby U16s
• Bronze DofE certificate
• Member of school CCF
- Promoted to Cadet Lance Corporal after a year
- Earned certificate and badge of marksmanship with the standard Cadet L98A2
• Trained towards level 3 as a sports leader
• Coached several activity lessons with handicapped children at a local school
for special abilities, which presented many challenges and taught me the importance of giving back to the community and working together as part of a team
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£13||£13|