I teach based on the theory of a topic; I believe it is far better to understand why we do something rather than to just learn the process of answering questions, as this has helped me in exams far more. I make use of a wide range of resources, as well as personal experience, to make maths and physics feel intuitive.
Aerospace Systems Engineering student at the University of Glasgow, currently in my penultimate year. I have worked with STEM Ambassadors, am an Arkwright Alumnus, Barclays Investment Bank, an MoD contract, BAE Systems, and Doosan Babcock. I can speak 5 languages, and I am able to help with things such as university applications.
For travel, within Glasgow, I would charge 15.00 per lesson.
I am an ambitious third year Aerospace Systems Engineering student at the University of Glasgow, seeking internships and work experience in engineering, technology, and finance.
GCSEs/A-Levels: Studied at Royal Grammar School, Newcastle
BEng in Aerospace Systems: Studying at University of Glasgow, Grade Point Average of 19.25 out of 22 (Year 3)
Team Leader for Mechanical Design at Glasgow University Aerial Systems (GUAS) (October 2016 – May 2017)
GUAS is Glasgow University’s team for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ annual UAV competition, where I was responsible for the body design and construction.
Test Phase Manager at University of Glasgow Space Programme, Project Aurora (SkyDart 2) (October 2017 – April 2018)
Project Aurora is a student-run initiative involving the design of a high-speed aircraft. I was responsible for the testing of the propulsion system and telemetry.
Team Member in JetX Engineering, Project Kronos, Compressor Team (September 2017 – June 2018), Aerofoils Team member (October 2018 – Present)
JetX Engineering is a Rolls Royce funded, student-run organisation aiming to improve aerospace education through the design, optimisation, and testing of 3D printed jet engines.
Through these roles, I have developed experience in:
• Communicating team decisions to other sub-teams/team leaders
• Managing expectations from other teams, coming to agreements on specifications
• Presenting designs and developments at full team meetings
• Use of software packages such as SolidWorks, ANSYS, and 3D printing
• Working with large data sets, applying complex engineering theory (MATLAB)
• Managing the development of UIs in order to monitor testing (C, C++)
• Risk management in build and test phases
• Technical report writing
• Teamwork, effective cross-team communication
Barclays Technology Spring Intern (April 2018), Barclays Summer Analyst (June 2019 – August 2019)
This internship provided me the opportunity to work shadow several technical and management team members of the technology department of Barclays Investment Bank, which I will further in my 2019 placement. This included learning about:
• Agile/Waterfall work methods
• Financial markets
• Financial technology
Summer Engineering Intern, Transmission Dynamics (June 2018 – August 2018)
Transmission Dynamics is a leading engineering company in the field of telemetry systems. My two-month placement here developed my technical skill set in the following areas:
• Producing tenders for contracts
• Vibrational problems in engineering
• Arkwright Scholarships alumni (2014-2016)
• STEM Ambassador, hosted events at the Glasgow Science Centre
• Parliamentary Debating experience, assisted in organisation of North-East school level competitions
• Gold CREST Award (2015)
• First Aid experience
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, further maths lessons for all!
Taking applied science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|