I am a concert pianist and composer and enjoy teaching alongside my music career. I have studied and worked with many great professors from all over the world and I know how important a great teacher is.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach piano as well as music theory and analysis. I particularly enjoy working with those students who aim to play piano professionally. However, whatever your goals are, we can work together to achieve them.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
LRAM Licentiate of Royal Academy of Music (professional teaching diploma) with 5+ years of broad teaching experience. Royal Academy of Music: Master of Arts with Distinction, Bachelor of Music with Distinction First Class Honours, Hodgson Piano Fellow.
- How much do you charge?
The prices shown above are for an hour-long lesson. I also offer 45-minute lessons for children. Trial lessons are available at full price.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in my local area or at my home.
- When are you available?
Weekdays. Time slots are subject to availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All levels - from beginner to advanced. From 5 year old pupils to students of all ages.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare pupils for ABRSM exams as well as for music theory school exams and various auditions.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Online tutoring is an option for those having Skype and good quality instrument (for piano lessons). It is possible to have only a keyboard or a synthesiser for theory lessons. Quality Skype allows me to listen to a student's playing and show examples and corrections, as well as examples for theory and even dictations playing. However, none of that is advised for beginners.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I am a piano teacher at the Trinity Music Academy and have also been teaching privately for over 5 years, working with beginners as well as with professional pianists and chamber groups during my Fellowship at the Royal Academy of Music. I have also been successfully preparing pupils and students for ABRSM piano exams, including theory exams for Grade 5 onwards.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes. I also hold a certificate of completing the NSPCC course for child protection.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied with a professor Hamish Milne at the Royal Academy of Music and participated in masterclasses with many prominent musicians including Richard Goode, Lilia Zilberstein, Pierre-Laurent Aimard, Boris Petrushansky and Boris Berman.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
After winning the Bach Prize from The Worshipful Company of Musicians, I became a member of this organisation. I am also a member of the PRS and MCPS Music and Composing License Organisations.
• LRAM Professional Teaching Diploma - Licentiate of Royal Academy of Music
• Royal Academy of Music: Master of Arts with Distinction, Bachelor of Music with Distinction First Class Honours, Hodgson Piano Fellow
• DBS certificate, NSPCC children protection course certificate
• The Worshipful Company of Musicians
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|