I welcome students of all ages and levels of fitness
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach the Alexander Technique.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am qualified to teach the Alexander Technique after completing a full time three year training course in 1993.
I am also a fully qualified humanistic counsellor.
- How much do you charge?
The standard fee for an Alexander Technique lesson in Brighton or Eastbourne is £35. The cost is less when you book a series of 5 appointments, or request a concessionary rate.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my base in the Hanover area of Brighton, and also from the Natural Fitness Centre on Eastbourne seafront, next to the Redoubt Museum.
- When are you available?
I am generally available to teach the Alexander Technique in Brighton or Eastbourne from Monday to Friday, 8.30 to 7.30.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach Alexander Technique to adults at most stages and levels of fitness.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Please feel free to email questions or problems related to the Alexander Technique.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Please visit my website for more (concealed information)
- What kind of experience do you have?
Since 1993, I have been giving individual Alexander Technique lessons. I am experienced in helping people with back or neck problems, as well as musicians, sports people, singers, who wish to improve their performance and reduce stress and strain through learning the Alexander Technique. Alexander Technique is particularly effective in rejuvinating the movement joints and upright balance in later years of life, and with improved management of osteoporosis, MS and Parkinsons. I have also given many Alexander Technique Introductory groups.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained in Brighton with Carolyn and John Nicholls
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a qualified teaching member of The Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique STAT
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Young people often need help with aches and pains, related to a combination of porr posture and structural causes. Musicians, actors, performers, directors and professional teachers and educators find the Alexander Technique helps them manage stress in their work. People with arthritis, back problems, or rehabilitating after accident or injuries use the Alexander Technique to recover ther best use of their body.
• Member of the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique
• STAT (Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique)
muscle strengthening lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|