Hi, My name's Alex. I'm a pro drummer with over 15 years of experience gigging and teaching. Feel free to contact me and we can have a chat and prepare some tailor-made lessons just for you.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach all styles of music at all levels but my special is teaching jazz, improvisation, musicianship and technique.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
. BA(hons) in music from from The University of Southampton
. Btec in music practice (Distinction)
. Grade 8 (Distinction) in drum kit from Trinity Guildhall
. Grade 5 in music theory (ABRSM)
. Enhanced Dbs check
. Full clean drivers license
- How much do you charge?
I charge £35 per hour for a lesson at mine, £40 if I travel to you.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home studio in North Finchley. My studio's equipped with two full drum kits, a PA system, plant of guitars basses and keyboards hanging around, as well as a library of books and learning material.
I'm also willing to travel to you provided you live in the North London area
(Highgate, Archway, Friern Barnet, Mussel Hill, High Barnet, Totteridge&Whetstone and Crouch End).
- When are you available?
My schedule is generally very flexible, Mondays during the daytime are usually busy though
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
My youngest student was 8 and my oldest was 54; beyond that I'm willing to teach anyone of any age.
I teach all levels from absolute beginners to advanced students and pros.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
For grades I teach both Rock School and Trinity Guildhall.
I can also prepare students for ABRSM music theory exams.
Otherwise, I have plenty of books and teaching material.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I also teach lessons over Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Get in touch, let's make some noise.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 11 years of experience gigging and recording and over 7 years of experience teaching.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, enhanced DBS.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied at The University of Southampton and studied with Dan Priest.
Before that I had drum lessons with Rob Stevens.
I've studied bass for a few years with Jim Richardson (Chet Baker, Gerry Mulligan)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Most of my students are going through their Trinity Guildhall grades. I have a 100% pass rate.
• BA (hons) in Music : University of Southampton
• Grade 8 (Distinction) in Drum kit : Trinity Guildhall
• Enhanced DBS certificate
• Musicians Union Member
drum lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|