Over 7 years of singing teaching experience and I'm passionate about facilitating vocal transformation! Classically trained, studied jazz vocals at The Guildhall, whilst touring globally with all-female beatbox group, The Boxettes.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Classical, pop, jazz, blues singing and songwriting. I can also help you train towards auditions or singing grades in Rockschool. (Grades 6-8 Rockschool will give you UCAS points which contribute to getting in to University).
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Bmus (hons) in jazz singing from the Guildhall School of Music.
Grade 8 Singing, distinction
- How much do you charge?
£40 an hour. 12.5% off when you book 10 lessons upfront.
- Where do you teach?
From my flat in Clapton and from my recording studio at Ten 87 Studios, Seven Sisters.
- When are you available?
Please feel free to contact me and I'm sure we can find you a slot.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages, grades 1 - grade 8 and for those who just want to learn how to sing.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Grades 1-8 singing, Rockschool and Grade 5 Theory.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
If you'd like to learn online, we can have Skype lessons
- Do you have a personal message for students?
There's nothing more rewarding for me than seeing the huge and rapid transformations my students go through. Although I studied at top UK music colleges I had a lot of struggles with my voice so I spent many many hours researching and practicing in my own time. I believe it's due to this journey that I'm able to successfully guide my students to transform their voices quickly in a way that feels easy and fun.
If you're looking to
- learn how to sing
- gain more self confidence in general and on stage
- train your ears
- increase your range
- sing for longer without getting a sore throat
- prepare for exams
or you just want to have fun learning how to sing and improve your voice, these are all things that I am passionate about helping my students achieve.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Toured internationally with female beatbox group "The Boxettes", sung BV's for Jarvis Cocker and toured with Shlomo and the vocal orchestra. I've taught singing and songwriting to students of all ages and I currently teach at the West London Free school and Mossbourne Community College. I've helped children and grownups of all levels to prepare for graded exams, auditions, deal with performance nerves and just to have fun learning how to sing to the best of their ability.
I enjoy teaching privately and have taught singing and extended vocal technique workshops worldwide (UK, India, US)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• BMus (hons) Jazz Vocals, Guildhall School of Music
• Yes. I have a DBS certificate.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|