I have coached students age ranged from 9 to 30 years, helping with their individual needs from getting an A grade in their Music GCSE exams to just gaining the confidence to perform in public.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Singing and Vocal Performance Techniques
Classical, Pop and Jazz Music Theory
Specialise in Musical Theatre, Pop, Rock and Jazz
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BMus Degree in Popular Music Performance from VocalTech (London College of Music)
A Levels in Music Technology and Performance Studies
- How much do you charge?
Please view prices (in full profile mode) for the specific subjects above,
For group lessons (Max 8);
1 hour = £40
Whether you're preparing for exams, auditions, professional work or a school concert an individual plan will be made up for you on the first meeting (which is free as it's assessing on skills and planning the lessons ahead)
- Where do you teach?
For singing lessons, can travel to areas in South or South West London if near public transport.
For music theory, composition, music tech lessons - my mac and equipment is based in SW2. Can also travel if the music equipment is not required or is at your location.
- When are you available?
Please contact for availability
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
11-18 years old
Beginners / Intermediate
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Music GCSE and A Level.
Grades 1-5 in Music Theory with the London College Music, ABRSM.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
With singing lessons and learning in general, never say those words, "I can't".
With the right technique, you can.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Other than teach singing and music theory, experience includes;
• Scene Change Theatre singing instructor (2011-2012)
• TV backing singer on ITV (Misha B/Gaga cover on XFactor 2011)
• Singer in function bands 2008-2011
• Lead Singer for Minute (Vale Earth Festival Guernsey and London Venues 2009)
• Backing Vocalist for XFM Winners Raisonneurs (02 Wireless Festival London 2007)
• Choral Singer for Sense of Sound Choir (Sing London Festival 2007)
• Choral Singer for London College of Music Chamber Choir (London 2006-2008)
• Singer/Performer with New Empire Players (Various theatre productions 2005-2006)
• 5 years training at Paul's Theatre School Hornchurch (Her Majesty's Theatre & other theatre productions 1996-2001)
Extra-curricular teaching experience has been working in the Music Department with secondary school pupils at Southborough High school. Main role was to assist pupils through GCSE Music Key Stage 3 modules and arranging a choral piece for the school choir to perform at the Kingston Arts Festival.
Most recently have taken part in teaching at the 'Saturday's Cool' performing workshops for children age 5-10 years of age in Kingston and Clapham.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Currently I am self employed tutor and do not have a recent DBS Certificate but would be happy to part-take in one.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Tech Music Schools (London College of Music)
Paul's Theatre School with Paul Parham
Private lessons with Nichola Lawrence & Rachel Worth
• BMus Popular Music Performance
• CRB checked
My Daughter Hollie has been having lessons for 18months now. From the beginning with raw vocals plus no training and Amanda has taught her so much. Breathing techniques, volume control to actually recording her vocals. Hollie has enjoyed her lesson so much and continues to do so and believes in Amanda's support. Hollie has really grown vocally and confident and know she can achieve whatever she wants.
Amanda tutored my daughter for 8months in 2010 to support her GCSE Music course and helped my daughter to achieve her A grade. Amanda always turned up to every lesson and was well prepared for the lesson ahead. Each lesson was geared towards strengthening any particular areas that my daughter needed, at any given time, from theory to music composition. My daughter found Amanda friendly and positive and was able to ask questions which were always answered. I would highly recommend Amanda's services.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£30||Not available|