I believe Life and Personality coaching skills can never be taught by the book! It's a journey that needs to be understood by both the mentor and the student. Articles, movies, books, music everything inspires me to not only understand the need of the hour with regard to training but also the essential skills which need to be learned on a day to day basis. I believe that my way of teaching will not only interest the student but will also give him/ her the motivation to learn beyond the stated curriculum. They will exercise their own intellect and embrace their creativity and feel alive through lessons.
Ashmita for you- fun , friendly , out of the box and above all your friend cum mum cum sister! In short every little bit of me is here to help you dwell into you as a person and bring out the best in you as a person.
A Radio jockey in the past who connected with so many people through their break-ups, and even their achievements, life never stops challenging me when I started Counselling. Academic Counselling made me ponder on the well - being of the students and I took the initiative to start the Personality Development classes for the students at my institute. There was no looking back after that! Every child is now like my little brother/ sister and it just gets better with every day with their trying times and my reason to reach out to them.
University of Leicester, U.K 2010 – 2011
• Masters in Mass Communications – 64.3%.
• As a course representative and the degree of involvement and initiative in the Personal Tutor Research programme – selected and awarded the Leicester Leadership Award.
Rani Birla Girls College, Calcutta University 2006 – 2009
• Part 1, Part II and Part III Calcutta University examinations – Achieved 78% in 2007, 73% in 2008 and 67% in total in the Part III and stood First in Communicative English from our college.
• I was awarded a medal and prizes for “Academic Excellence in the year 2009”, as I scored highest amongst all the departments in the Final year University examinations from our college
Loreto House, Middleton Row, Calcutta 2006
• West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Examination with 70%
Loreto House, Middleton Row, Calcutta 2004
• Achieved 74 % in the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE)
• Received a number of certificates for proficiency in the application of English
EduAims October 2016- present
• Applications- I was looking into working on applications right from a nascent stage for many undergraduate students, chalking their common app essays/ statement of purpose, helping them get admits, assisting them for any queries faced etc. Even looked into Post graduate applications and the accommodations etc. I was even given responsibility in looking into editing of essays and working for admits for students assigned as well.
• Counseling – I was given the responsibility of handling counseling over the telephone and even in person for the first time. I have been responsible in managing the data base of potential footfalls etc.
• Faculty- I have even taken the initiative to teach ‘Personal Development ‘to students. It is indeed an enriching experience helping them grow from within. Looking into helping the students with their common app essays as a part of the curriculum.
• EduAims Facebook page- I have been made one of the admins of the Facebook page, researching and ideating on the posts being made for the Facebook page. I am always trying to find interesting posts that will try and capture the attention of the students.
• Class Management- I am responsible for managing the database of the SAT / GRE / GMAT students. Looking into their progress, setting up classes for new students etc. Motivating students for the examinations etc.
• Supervisory role- I am even responsible for looking into the databases being updated like the FEDEX sheet, the SAT book distribution. The counselor sheets etc. Making sure that the databases are not incomplete. Managing the teachers and even the domestic help.
• Presentations, workshops Facebook Live- I have been organizing Presentations and workshops and given the opportunity of being a part of my first independent Facebook live talk with regard to ‘the importance of Extra Curricular activities’.
• Accounts – I am even responsible for handling the accounts of the office, looking into the stationery, inventory, the food supplies and miscellaneous.
• Blogging, editing, essay work- I am blogging and keeping articles ready for the website/ ATLAS project. Working on essays of students.
• Interviews/ mocks- I am looking into preparing students for interviews, mock tests. Etc.
• Visa- I have even been given the opportunity to assist students with the Canada/ UK/ USA VISA process.
• TOEFL and IELTS classes- I started looking into the IELTS and TOEFL Classes. I am looking into teaching the speaking section for both the standardized tests and even handling queries for the Reading/ Writing/ Listening sections.
• Registrations- I am looking into helping students with applications for Summer schools, accommodation etc. I have now been given the responsibility of handling the undergraduate students independently.
91.9 Friends FM February 2015- October 2016
• Won the Friends FM RJ hunt competition 2015 amongst 2000 applicants and was hosting a show- Friends Forever, which was a prime –time show broadcast between 9- 12 am. It was a topical based show where there was a hint of nostalgia and topics related to love and relationships.
All India Radio December 2012 – February 2015
• Was working on Assignment basis. I was a Radio presenter for the Kolkata B Station presenting the show ' Youth time". I was playing Western classics and catering to the senior citizens as well as the youth of the city.
University of Sussex (International Office in India)
April 2012 – December 2012.
Academic and Partnerships coordinator
• Counseling students regarding university course choices and facilitating IELTS exam preparations
• Giving Pre- departure advice and coordinating Marketing and promotional activities.
• Newspaper and Journal columnist promoting high standards of education in UK universities.
• Represented SOAS University at the British Council Education fair, Kolkata. Responsible for corresponding with students regarding admission queries and issues. .
University of Leicester U.K October 2011 – November 2012
Personal Tutor Researcher in the Student Union
• Member of a team of researchers entrusted to evaluate the system of Personal Tutorship programme prevalent in the University of Leicester. The Personal Tutorship programme is a tool which helps students gain academic and pastoral guidance from the staff members. Assisted in reviewing this system through the academic policy report by suggesting reforms to the Higher Education Academy in the U.K. including the Vice chancellor of our University.
Miss Piya Sen Advertising Consultancy October 2009 – November 2009
• Assisted in medical advertisements and also undertakes projects of corporate packages.
Sony Center January 2009 – February 2009
• During my graduation, as a part of my curriculum I worked as a Sales Marketing Executive in this company where I administered the product demonstration and sales services.
Loreto House 2000 – 2005
• Taught under privileged children from Archana Roof School in Loreto House
• Actively participated in raising funds for the Child Care Project of CCWH & RI to under the Cancer Centre Welfare Home and Research Institute, Thakurpukur, Kolkata 700063
• Associated with the MENTAID project to generate awareness of the problems faced by the mentally challenged children
• Volunteered at WE CARE association, a unique relationship based endeavor for the lonely and the aged
positive thinking lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest personal coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, life coaching lessons for all!
Taking stress management lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£11||Not available||£11|
|5 hours||£48||Not available||£54|
|10 hours||£102||Not available||£107|