I believe that all learning should be - and can be - enjoyable, and that is the approach I use in my tutoring. I aim to build a student's enthusiasm for a subject as much as developing their understanding and skill.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Mathematics, Physics, Statistics -- to A level
Mathematics, Physics, Science, Chemistry, Astronomy -- Key Stage 3 to GCSE
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MSc in Mathematics: Astronomy and Computation with mark of distinction; Queen Mary College, London
BSc with first class honours in Physics with Astrophysics; King's College, London
Royal Statistical Society Higher Certificate in Statistics with merit
A levels in Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Computer Studies and Mathematics; A levels in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science and Geography
- How much do you charge?
Up to and including GCSE: £25 per hour of contact time
A level: £35 per hour of contact time
For some Isle of Wight locations there may be an extra fee to reflect travelling costs and time.
- Where do you teach?
I tutor at the student's home at any location in the Isle of Wight.
- When are you available?
Monday to Friday: finishing no later than 9pm
Saturdays and Sundays: from 9am and finishing no later than 8pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
From 11 years upwards -- Key Stage 3, GCSE and A level
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSE combined science
A level maths
A level physics
A level statistics
- What kind of experience do you have?
My current tutees include those at Key Stage 3 maths and science, and GCSE maths and physics. Previous tutees include those studying A levels maths and physics.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Basic disclosure certificate issued 23 November 2017
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Member of the Institute of Physics
Member of the Royal Statistical Society
Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
• BSc Physics with Astrophysics (First Class Honours); Royal Statistical Society Higher Certificate in Statistics
• MSc Mathematics with Distinction
• Basic disclosure certificate issued 23 November 2017
• Member of the Institute of Physics; Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|