Learn German or French in your own office. One-to-one tuition tailored to your individual needs and learning style. Friendly, supportive teaching style will ensure that you enjoy the learning experience. Please see my website for further details.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
German and French (general and also legal and business specialisms).
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a combined BA honours degree in French and German (2:1), a Post-graduate Certificate in Education, a Diploma in Teaching Foreign Languages to Adults (Distinction), a Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults, a Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (French & English: law specialism), a Diploma in Translation (German & English: business & humanities specialism), a Post-graduate Diploma in Law and a Post-graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Commendation). I am also a Solicitor of England and Wales.
- How much do you charge?
£35 for a 60-minute lesson. £45 for a 90-minute lesson. Discounted fees for bookings of 3, 5 or 10 lessons (further details are on my website). If your office is in Redhill or Reigate there is no charge for my travel or parking. For lessons in London I charge £15 for an off-peak travelcard. I charge mileage for driving to Horley (£7), Gatwick (£9) or Crawley (£11) plus any necessary parking fee.
- Where do you teach?
I travel to my learners' offices to give lessons. I live in Merstham, near Redhill in Surrey, but I do not give lessons at our home. I can travel to Redhill, Reigate, Gatwick, Horley, Crawley or London to give lessons. I can travel to other locations within a 12 mile radius of my home (postcode RH1).
- When are you available?
Usually weekdays from 9am to 5pm, but other times can sometimes be negotiated, depending on my workload.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach adults. All levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can prepare my learners for various qualifications if required.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I can make learning another language an enriching and enjoyable experience for you. Please see my website for further details re the language services I can provide. I look forward to meeting you!
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 10 years' experience as a language teacher. I also have 10 years' experience as a UK government lawyer (in London, The Hague and Paris), specialising in international cooperation and using German and French frequently at work. During my 5 years as a government language trainer I taught French and German to very advanced levels, preparing numerous UK government officials to take up demanding overseas postings in British embassies, liaising with counterparts in their host countries and using German or French as their working language. I am equally enthusiastic when teaching beginners or intermediate level students who are learning languages either for work or for purely social purposes such as holidays etc. (please see the testimonials on my website).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Exeter University, The College of Law, The Royal Society of Arts,The Chartered Institute of Linguists.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists. Member of The Law Society (I am a solicitor of England and Wales).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I am currently teaching French and German to adults who are learning mainly for social purposes and holidays. For example, one of my learners owns a house in France and another learner has German-speaking friends.
• BA combined hons. degree in German & French (2:1)
• Diploma in Teaching Foreign Languages to Adults (Distinction); Dip. Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults; Post-grad. Certificate in Education; Dip. Public Service Interpreting (French/English: law); Dip.Translation (German/English: business).
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists; Member of the Law Society.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£35||£35||Not available|