I am a very experienced violin and viola teacher and player with over 25 years of experience.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Violin, Viola, Theory
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have played in a professional orchestra for over 25 years. I continue to teach and free lance.
I studied at the Royal Academy of Music, London . Where I qualified with the dip RAM. I also have the qualification ATCL from the Trinity Guildhall College of Music.
I am a qualified Suzuki violin teacher.
I am a tutor for the Nottingham youth orchestra
I have taught for Nottinghamshire County Council and Derbyshire CC.
- How much do you charge?
£17.50 for 1/2 an hour
£27.00 for 45 Mins
£30.00 for 1 Hour
- Where do you teach?
At my home studio in Nottingham Burton Joyce
- When are you available?
Every evening during the week and Saturday mornings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all levels of violin and viola playing. Starters , Grade 1-8 and Diploma examinations.
ADULT STARTERS WELCOME
I have a 100% pass rate for all exams.
I am a tutor for the Nottingham Youth Orchestra.
My pupils have gained scholarships to the Nottingham High School, The Purcell School and the Uppingham school.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM practical exams, grade 5 theory, trinity guildhall practical exams. A level performance and GCSE performance.
I prepare students for scholarship exams to independent schools.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
The Violin and Viola takes commitment. You need to be able to practise regularly, at least 3 times a week.
I will teach you to play , read music and I also like my students to become members of the Nottingham Youth Orchestra after they have passed their Grade 2.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have 25 years of professional playing and teaching.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes I am DBS checked.
- Where and with whom did you train?
The Royal Academy Of Music.
British Suzuki Violin Institute.
Trinity Guildhall School of Music, London.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Musicians' Union of Great Britain.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have many pupils who I teach all individually at my home studio. They range from starters up to Diploma level.
• ATCL - BSI dip (Qualified Suzuki Violin Teacher)
• Dip Royal Academy of Music London
• DBS CRB Certified
• Tutor for the Nottingham Youth Orchestra
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£32||£32||Not available|