My teaching method is based on pedagogical research, and as such I believe in building a rapport with my tutees to create an environment where everyone feels comfortable asking questions and giving answers they might be unsure of. I teach with interactive methods to keep tutees engaged, beginning classes with warm up games before moving towards exam-style questions. I strive to ensure students are confident in their abilities first and foremost, and in their understanding of the format of exams they will undertake.
I am a recent graduate of Anthropology and International Development who has tutored for 2 years with Action Tutoring doing one-on-one lessons as well as teaching up to three students at once, working with tutees towards their English GCSE (with great results!).
24-hour cancellation period, after which full price will be charged.
Recent Anthropology and International Development graduate with a strong work ethic, excellent communication, research, and organizational skills, and a drive to work for organizations that have a positive impact in the world.
2017-2020 University of Sussex
BA (Hons) Anthropology and International Development with 2:1 grade
Key modules include:
-Social Change, Culture, and Development -Race, Ethnicity, and Nationalism
-Religion, Migration, and Social Transformation -Decolonial Movements
My degree involved extensive processing of information to be synthesized into various formats such as extended essays, reports, and blog posts. As such, I have developed a comprehensive range of transferable skills including effective oral and written communication, in-depth analysis, and a good grasp of various methods of qualitative research. I have also learnt to analyse and interpret various sources to decipher narratives and their positionality.
2014-16 Fine Arts College, Hampstead
A Levels: English (B), History (B), History of Art (A)
GCSEs: 9 subjects with grades between A*-A
Tutor [volunteer], Action Tutoring, Brighton September 2018-September 2020
· Action Tutoring is an evidence-based educational charity that provides tutoring to disadvantaged young people in schools across the UK in an effort to decrease the academic attainment gap that exists in line with socio-economic disparities
· My role involved working independently with two groups of two young adults for the duration of autumn and summer term towards their English GCSE, and therefore undertaking safeguarding training and ongoing teaching training exploring pedagogical approaches in theory and adaptive practice
· Developed my communication skills out of necessity for keeping the tutees engaged with challenging information, and because I met the same two tutees each week so wanted to build rapport with them to ensure ongoing enthusiasm
· Furthered my organizational skills in balancing my university and other work commitments with tutoring because I knew that reliability and planning was essential to the effectiveness of my work as a tutor
· One of my tutees’ attainment improved the most amongst programme members at the school that year
Server and Kitchen Assistant, The Flying Saucer, Brighton, October 2018 -September 2019
· Greeting and serving customers, taking orders, making food and drinks, cash handling, stock control, and cleaning
· The frequently busy working environment improved my ability to work under pressure and stay organized, while enhancing my capability for taking initiative
Kitchen Assistant [volunteer], Refugee Community Kitchen, Calais, July 2017
· Preparing dry and fresh food in a warehouse outside of the town for distribution to neighboring migrant camps
. Taught me the importance of sensitivity in social justice work
IT Programs: MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Photoshop
Social Media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Languages: conversational French
Grade 6 Distinction, Trinity Guildhall Speech and Drama
· Jewellery-making: in september 2018 I did a 10-week course in silversmithing at Brighton Metropolitan College which I really enjoyed and would like to build on.
· Languages are fascinating to me and I’m enthusiastic to learn more.
References available upon request
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|