Hello, my name is Appolonie. In my lessons you will learn about vocal technique as well as developing your creativity and confidence through jazz, soul and pop repertoire.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Stage presence and confidence,
Jazz repertoire and Improvisation,
Soul, pop, RnB repertoire,
Help with songwriting,
Help with lyric writing,
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a Bachelor Degree with Honours in Jazz from The Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- How much do you charge?
1h session one to one: £35.
1h15m session for two: £20 each.
Group teaching upon request if you form a group of 3 or more people.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from home in East Finchley
- When are you available?
I am flexible on weekdays and Saturdays, however these may occasionally change due to my own performances.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I can teach from beginners through to semi advanced, both children and adults.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
In my classes we will focus on finding your sound by working on technique and understanding lyrics. I offer a friendly and safe environment where mistakes are welcome for the best progress!
- What kind of experience do you have?
One to one and group lessons with adults, children and teenagers, beginners and semi advanced singers
In performing Music:
Singer song writer and band leader for original RnB project
Backing singer and choreographer for various original pop and soul acts
Session singer collaborating with various producers around Europe
Member of jazz vocal ensemble
Member of small and larger Jazz ensemble
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I was taught by classical singer Patricia Schnell from the age of 11 to 18 then by renowned singers such as Liane Carroll, Ian Shaw, Lee Gibson, Brigitte Behara and Linda Hutchison.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My students vary from all ages, styles and levels. I work with Jazz, soul and pop singers I help them develop their vocal technique, overall performing skills and repertoire.
• BMUS + Honours in Jazz Voice from The Guildhall School of Music and Drama
• Musicians Union
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|