Each student is approached individually and classes are entirely student-led, based on what they're interested in and what they're consuming currently. Generally, I teach people who have an interest in Amazonian Shamanism and Indigenous Plant Medicine Technology. We spend the first half of our sessions working through the technicalities of the Spanish language, and the second half of the session is spent dissecting music lyrics or other relevant content from both a linguistic and cultural perspective.
I am a qualified interpreter and translator of the Spanish language, having practised as such for over six years. I have been walking the path of Shamanism and Traditional Amazonian Plant Medicine healing for eleven years now and am an apprentice of the Shipibo tribe.
265/8 West Granton Road, Edinburgh EH5 1GY, United Kingdom +(concealed information)88 • (concealed information)
Independent indigenous educator and facilitator of South American indigenous retreats, advisory member for key NGO’s and organisations, now teaching the Spanish language for greater contribution to the world’s growing interest in indigenous ways, wisdom, and plant medicines.
● 11 years of study in core shamanism and global Earth-based, indigenous ways
● 11 years working with indigenous entheogenic plant medicines, primarily the Huachuma (San Pedro) cactus and Ayahuasca
● 11 years married to a native Quechua woman of the Peruvian Andes, with direct and intimate exposure to the Quechua people and their ways
● 5 weeks in South Korea on an independent exploration and study of the ‘Mudang’ traditional female shaman and their ‘Gut’ ceremonies
● Independent exploration and study of the Batek people of the Taman Negara Central Malaysian Rainforest
● Currently apprenticing with both the Shipibo and Q’ero tribes of Peru
● Speaker of 5 languages, with extensive, far-reaching knowledge of languages and cultures particularly those of Latin America and Africa
Diploma in Public Service Interpreting Chartered Institute of Linguists
● IoLET Level 6 (QCF)
● Specialisation in Health
The Complete Copywriting Course The Writer's Bureau
Jun 2012 - Oct 2013
● A comprehensive self-study course in advertising, marketing, advertisement writing, sales letters & direct mail, public relations writing, writing for online markets, and general copywriting.
Property Investment & Financial Education Tigrent Learning Ltd.
Dec 2013 - Apr 2014
● Property investment and business strategies; basic finance and investment.
● Property-specific investment strategies & creative finance strategies.
● Distressed property investment strategies & lease options strategies.
● Mindfulness Certification Mindfulness Association Year One: Being Present
Mindfulness Certification Mindfulness Association Year One: Being Present
● Certificate of Completion: Mindfulness Association Year One - Being Present.
Advanced Certificate in Coaching Practice The Mindful Talent Academy
Apr 2019 - Aug 2019
● An internationally recognised coaching qualification, accredited by the Association for Coaching
● A 20-week, experiential learning process of self-realisation and transformation, empowering participants to live their best lives, whilst helping others to do the same
Women in Environmental Biology Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
● Certificate of completion: an online non-credit course authorized by Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and offered through Coursera
Freelance Interpreter & Translator Spanish & Portuguese Languages
Mar 2012 - Nov 2018
● Interpreting assignments with the UK Border Agency, UK Immigration Tribunals, and UK Employment Tribunals, as well as the Department For Work and Pensions and a number of private UK institutions
● Interpreting assignments with a number of US State Penitentiaries, Health Services, and private institutions
● Translation assignments with an array of private clients, including some of the world’s biggest medical insurance providers
Founder & CEO MJS Language Solutions
Jan 2017 - Jul 2017
● A language company serving the tech industry, developing voice recognition technology for one of the industry’s true giants
● Built a team of 270 freelance language professionals in only 5 months, with 79 of them actively servicing projects across 8 different languages
Property Broker & Manager Freelance/Independent
Jun 2015 - Nov 2018
● Built a small portfolio of 5 serviced apartments across Edinburgh and Kirkcaldy
● Brokered an array of property deals, both residential and commercial, ranging in value from £180,000 - £3.2M
Copywriter & Editor Freelance
Jun 2013 - Jan 2020
● Production of web content and advertising materials for an array of clients, from the Brazilian Tourist Office to the Hilton Hotel and, more recently, an array of international coaching/personal development businesses.
Indigenous Educator & Retreat Facilitator Urubamba, Peru
Nov 2019 - Present
● Working with the Q’ero and Shipibo nations of Peru to bring deeply transformational healing experiences to westerners, whilst at the same time working to educate and inspire value and reverence for indigenous ways and wisdom
● Teaching the Spanish language as a doorway into a deeper connection to Indigenous Amazonian Peoples and Indigenous Plant Medicine Technology
● Seeking to protect sacred indigenous plants and their accompanying traditions and lineages
Marc-John has a tenacity for organically tailoring each lesson to my needs. We always have a heap of fun and laughs, while navigating the obstacles I'm facing currently in my language journey. To top it off I'm also learning medicine songs, which is very quickly expanding my vocabulary, and is intrinsically aligned to my connection and path to my medicine work. I would highly recommend MJB if you're after some genuine, jouful, tailored support on your own Spanish language journey. Suzi
I've known Marc-John for a few years now and I've always been in awe of his linguistic abilities. I loved his Spanish accent so when he announced that special program to dive deep into that beautiful and mystical language supported by studying South American native culture, beliefs and wisdom, I knew I wanted to become a part of it. I love Spanish, and for me it is the most beautiful language in the world.
Marc-John's approach makes the learning process interesting and exciting and these are the qualities that every language teacher should have and focus on. You simply don't even feel like studying, you just remember new words, and feel more and more confident speaking this language without even thinking much. Thank you!
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|