My teaching method depends on the student or students, their age and ability and I work with a method which best suit them. The best way to learn is to be relaxed and at ease. The subject must be made engaging and enjoyable. I like to work either individually or with small groups. Discuss with the student what they do know and understand and the areas they need help with and then structure the work around that.
The cost for groups will be different
I have worked with from primary school children to adults on heritage projects, crafts to museum archaeology for 10 years. I help with extra individual tuition, small groups and schools. I have experience in the archaeology and Museum Industry and extensively with community groups. I can assist with Archaeology, Anthropology, Geography and history to A'level. I have delivered many projects with children and family activities. I design and produce activity and education packs for events, museums and other activities.
• Working with and managing volunteers
• Interviewing and designing surveys
• Researching heritage buildings
• Managing a heritage centre
• Worked with antique ceramics and books
• Archeological research and desk based research
• Archaeological research on food through time and effects on Landscape and culture
• Heritage Education adviser specializing in heritage building skills and training courses both accredited and none accredited, Stone festival education packs; Feasibility study and report
• :Exam invigilator,
• , Heritage and TIC representative
• September 2009- July 2011: Studied PGCE for teaching in the Lifelong learning sector (14+)-subject archaeology
• Since January 2006 - Working as freelance community archaeologist and heritage education
• Community Archaeological and Heritage projects, interpretation.
• Archiving documentary and photographic collection for Community groups and projects
• Archiving projects and assisting in post excavation paperwork for commercial archaeology units.
• Managing, researching and putting together community displays and activities, researching information for exhibitions, leaflets and walking tours. Writing reports
• Designing and writing children and adult education and activity packs, Organizing outreach, children’s activities, children’s archaeology and after school clubs.
• Undertaken various teaching/training and talks in the Heritage the sector including; Oral history projects, traditional crafts, archaeological drawing, archiving, taught pottery, history of ceramics
• Understanding of historic buildings, government policy and planning laws, guidance and statutory procedures for the historic environment in the planning system, Specialist in landscape and built environment archaeology
• Undertaken Feasibility studies, Funding bids and working with community groups
• Working in Museums and heritage centers as education officer
• July1992- July 2000:, Freelance display and artwork; Heritage, Art exhibitions, window displays and Commissioned artwork
• October 1994 - August 1996:Project managed the renovation of two listed buildings in Lincolnshire
Education delivery, training and tutor experience tutor
• Teaching pottery classes for adults and children for 4 years
• Teaching O ‘level geography evening classes
• Delivering Heritage related training
• Instigation and running of story and history sacks
• Organizing open days, visits to schools and education information packs and activities
• Children’s activities
• Traditional art and crafts
• Excavating, planning and section drawing
• Building recording,
• Finds supervisor, surveying, archive work at the Verulamium museum
• planning, drawing and surveying,
• Finds officer, site assistant, and assistant supervisor
Museum displays, archiving and cataloguing, children’s activities, education packs and heritage training, handling and displaying objects
• Good with people, adults and children
• Artistic, undertaken commissioned artwork, taught pottery, illustrate all my own work, knowledge of traditional crafts, sowing and felt work, recycled artwork, furniture restoration, upcycling
• Enjoy challenges
• Knowledge of Archaeological education within the national curriculum
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Publisher and PowerPoint.
• Landscape and building Archaeology
• Competent with display and exhibition work
• Museum Representative for the Durham University Archaeological Society, while a student
• Training with blue badge guide.
• Rainbow Guide Leader for 8 years.
• Welcome host training
• Knowledge of retail and marketing
Heritage Craft Alliance
• A2 award in Heritage Construction
• level 3 advanced craft, Understanding repair and maintenance in of pre-1919 buildings
• PGCE 14+ Lifelong learning, subject specialism Heritage and Archaeology, Graduated July 2011
• City and Guilds: Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTILLS), level 4, 2009
• MA Museum and Artefact Studies, Graduated January 2006
• BA (Hons) Archaeology, Graduated July 2004 with a 2:1
• Graduated July 1998 with Certificate in Marketing, BTEC Business Studies, Business Management, CLAIT
Victorian Albert Museum Study Centre
• Antique and fine art, Graduated June 1983
Cambridge College of Arts and Technology
• Graduated July 1982, with A level, Geography, Geology and Archaeology.
• Graduated 1979 with 10 O levels/ or equivalent; Archaeology, Museum Studies, History, Geography, Geology, Biology, Chemistry, Art, Math’s, English
Other Training and qualifications
• CRB checked through English Heritage 2008
• Enhanced CRB through CBA 2010
• Numeracy and Literacy level 2
• Management of Research Projects in the Historic Environment (MoRPHE)
• 3 week course: Antiquities Trafficking and Art Crime, University of Glasgow
• Management, Preservation and Publishing of Digital Data for Archaeologists
• SPAB building conservation
Art, sowing, local heritage, landscape archaeology, medieval Britain and local history, traveling, skiing, tennis(badly), walking, yoga, good food and wine, reading, ancient religions and beliefs, plants, flowers and wildlife and time spent with my children, family, friends and dogs.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geographical history lessons for all!
Taking anthropology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||£90||£90||Not available|
|10 hours||£160||£160||Not available|