I tutor Maths to Key stages 2,3 and 4 and tutor English to Key stages 3 and 4. Lessons are structured so they are calm and productive to ensure the student is acheiving their desired academic and holistic goals.
Your child would be tutored by a reliable Maths and English Tutor who has been doing it since 2017. I have a PGCE and taught Maths in schools since 2007. I have enhanced DBS and up to date safeguarding training.
CAREER HISTORY: WORKING WITH CHILDREN
PRIVATE MATHS TUTOR Jan 2019- Present
Half an hour consultation with parents and student to work out what the individual needs of support are
Tutoring students in key stages 2,3,4 and students who are doing 11+
Regular communication with parents and carers about student progress
Preparing students for exams and giving them the relevant exam techniques
HOME SCHOOL TUTOR FOR SPRINGBOARD WEST Oct 2017 – present
• Delivering., Maths, Science, English and Humanities to Key Stage 3 and 4 students in their homes or local libraries
• Compiling individual weekly reports for the students I work with that go to schools and local authority based organisations
• Regularly supporting parents by updating them about the progress of their child
CHANTRY SCHOOL (now called YOUNG PEOPLES ACADAMY), a special school for children who have SEBD) Supply Key Stage 3 and 4 Maths Teacher Sept 2014 –Feb 2015
• Delivered Maths to Key Stages 3 and 4 students using the most up to date syllabuses on the national curriculum and AQA and Edexcel exam boards.
HAYBROOK COLLEGE (MILLSIDE SCHOOL)
Key Stage 3 and 4 Maths and Music Teacher as supply member of staff Sept 2013 – July 2014
Key Stage 3 and 4 Maths and Music Teacher as an employee Sept 2007 – July 2013
• Worked with pupil one on one with his GCSE Maths, English and Science
• Delivered Maths and Music to Key Stages 3 and 4 students using the most up to date syllabuses on the national curriculum and AQA and Edexcel exam boards on an individual and small group basis.
• Developed ICT skills in using interactive software programmes (e.g. Mymaths, Active Teach, Level up).
• Experience with teaching maths to Key Stage 3 and 4 students on Individual Pupil Programmes
SUPPLY TEACHER- VARIOUS AGENCIES Sept 2006- July 2007.
• Finished NQT year and became a fully qualified teacher
• Taught music lessons to key stage 3 students for the summer term at Rickmansworth School
• Teaching in a wide range of schools across the London area
MUSIC TEACHER- LONDON ORATORY SCHOOL Jan 2006 –July 2006
This was a fixed two term contract.
• Taught music lessons to students in Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
• Assistant tutor for year 5 students
• Completed two terms of my NQT year
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Mmus in Songwriting (Distinction) - Bath Spa University 2015 -2017
PGCE in Secondary School Music –Reading University 2004 -2005
BA Joint Honours History and Music (2:1) – Essex University 1996- 1999
PRIMARY CARER FOR MY DAUGHTER (now in yr 3) Feb 2015 – present
• Learning about and responding, as appropriately as possible, to information regarding her development (social, emotional, educational, physical, spiritual)
• Assisting her with homework
• Managing and explaining boundaries that are set for her
• Sourcing and planning for activities that align with her interests
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||Not available|