I base my approach on a partnership very much under the humanist philosophy of building empathy and trust, geared to involve the learner at each stage of the decision making process. Through building up a rapport with students i can adapt my methodology towards individual learning styles. For instance: with Auditory learners, who may find it difficult to remember details or write down meaningful notes, we can encourage the recording of their thoughts and interpretations on a device to work through problems.
I am both a Professional Artist with many years of exhibiting and selling my work and a Teacher at various age ranges and levels from young children to adults. Class sizes range from 5 to 30 as well as experience of working with students on a 1-1 basis in a tutorial context. My skills, knowledge and experience include Painting, Drawing, Printmaking, Photography/Digital media, Ceramics/3D, Contextual studies/Art History and assistance with writing statements and college applications. I've helped students progress on to higher level foundation and degree courses.
The rate will vary if any extra work between classes is needed by Tutor. this will be negotiated.
Travel costs are related to Brighton & Hove area only, for additional travel, costs will be invoiced.
Cancellation must be before 24 hours , otherwise not refundable
1997- 2001: Croydon College PGCE Certificate of Education (Adult/Further Education)
1992-95: Montclair State University: NJ, USA. Master of Arts
1989-92: Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Dundee- B. Design (Hons)
2018- Cover Art/DT Teacher on long term contract, Hove Park School, Hove.
Covered & assessed KS3 - KS5 classes
2017 - Present Aspire Sussex, Burgess Hill, Sussex. Art Tutor:
Teach courses in Drawing & Painting , 6 hours pw + some one off courses and workshops
2017 -Croydon College Croydon
0.8 Lecturer in Art & Design
Facilitated completion of L 2/3 UAL course work, final exhibition and marking
2013 – 2015, Newham Sixth Form College Plaistow E13
0.5 Lecturer in Art & Design
• Taught on Entry Level and BTEC courses 1-3 and AS/A2 Level in Fine Art and Graphics
• Worked as cover Media Technician 2017
2011 – 2013, West Thames College Isleworth, TW7
PT Lecturer in Art & Design
• Prepare and deliver, classes and assessment in Graphic Design/Illustration, Drawing, Digital media and General Art & Design to BTEC Level 1 - 3/FAD students
• Act as Course Leader for BTEC Level 2 Art & Design, monitoring attendance, achievement, enrichment and disciplinary processes.
September 1997 – February 2014, Workers Education Association (WEA) London District, London, EC2
• Devised and delivered Painting/Drawing and Art History courses for local London communities
• Developed and delivered various courses for ‘London Online’ in Design and Electronic imagery,
1997 – 2010 City University, London EC1, PT Lecturer in contemporary art/contextual studies
• Devised, and delivered courses for adults in Art History and contemporary art.
• Communicated & liaison with outside agencies (including artists) for external cultural visits
Other earlier details of teaching are available on request
Other relevant experience (summarised)
• Producing, exhibiting and selling work through galleries, agents and through commission. as a professional artist in UK and USA. Clients/Galleries include: Unit 3 Projects (London), Thomas Corman Arts (London), A&D Gallery (London), Patriothall Gallery (Edinburgh), Ming Art Gallery (Hove) Westbeth Gallery, (NYC, USA) + private commissions,
• Planned & delivered over 30 art/design workshops motivating children & adults of all ages and backgrounds. Clients include: Caterham School, English Heritage, Point Blank, Chiswick Holiday courses, Chisenhale Gallery. Ape Media, Crisis for Christmas Shelter, Save the Children Fund, Brixton Art Gallery
Moderator for Edexcel ‘Creative & Media Level 2 Diploma¬- Quality checking Teachers grades on student/Cohort submissions from Colleges and Schools across the UK, writing summary reports to centre’s. (5 exam sessions since 2010).
Assessor/Moderator for OCR, GCE Art & Design/Photography for 2014 AS/A2 exam season at 7 centres in London, making mark adjustments, writing summary reports to centre’s
drawing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest painting lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, art and design lessons for all!
Taking sculpture lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|