I look to inspire students with wonder of the world, encouraging and guiding them to follow their natural curiosities to get to the bottom of any problem. Following the National Curriculum and specific exam boards I create personalised content for each student, utilising their natural learning habits and strengthening skills where needed.
I hold a Bachelor of Arts Honours in Art History from Carleton University and a Masters of Science in Conservation Practice from Cardiff University. I am passionate about both the arts and science and believe they go hand in hand. As a researcher and Archaeological Conservator I have worked at incredible UNESCO world heritage sites and led research projects funded by Petzl and the British Caving Association.
Students can cancel any time up to 12 hours before the lesson start time for free, but any lessons cancelled within 12 hours of the start time can be charged at 50% of the total lesson fee after.
Any lessons that are either cancelled after the start time of the lesson or where the student never informed you that a lesson could not take place will be charged at full price. Tutors must wait for the student for at least 15 minutes at the location of the lesson or in the online classroom, attempt to contact the student via phone call and be able to provide evidence of this in order for us to enforce a 100% charge if they do not have alternative evidence of a student cancelling after the start time.
MSc Conservation Practice, Distinction: Cardiff University, Wales, UK. 2014-2016
BA (Hons) Art History, First: Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Canada. 2010-2014
High School Diploma: Hillcrest High School, Ottawa, ON, Canada. 2006-2010
Private Tutor | London, UK
Advance Academy | Oct 2020 – Present
● 1 to 1 teaching of KS3 and KS4 English, Science and Maths.
● Designed lessons, assignments and projects based on National Curriculum.
● Assigned and assessed all homework and tracked all progress.
● Aided company to create new resources, transition to online teaching and general administration.
Coordinator | Cardiff, UK
SHARE with Schools Cardiff University | Oct 2014 – June 2015
● Developed and delivered workshops to secondary school students.
● Planned lessons, worksheets, PowerPoint presentations and assessment materials.
● Assisted in leading group work and aiding students where needed.
● Worked with special needs schools and adapted workshops where necessary for accessibility.
● Lead first series of Cardiff University Serene Network workshop for A-Level students.
● Developed, coordinated and delivered training workshops for undergraduate volunteers
● Completed administrative tasks at the end of each lesson and created workshop reports.
Teaching Assistant | Pollena Trocchia, Italy
Apolline Project | Dec 2013 - Aug 2014
● Responsible for developing and altering lessons for students in years 4 and 5.
● Developed games such as ‘Pin the pelvis on the skeleton’, ‘Bone twister’, and ‘Memory’ for workshops to engage students in the material.
● Wrote and reviewed risk assessments and any safety regulations needed for object handling.
● Created a fun and supportive environment for students to learn and play.
● Implemented behavioural management and consistently upheld the standard.
Private Tutor | Ottawa, Canada
Self Employed | Sept 2010 - Nov 2013
● Tutored for middle school and high schoolers while in University.
● Broke up lessons to give students new way of understanding problems.
● Art history and arts classes teaching survey course and one philosophy of art approach for two home schooled girls. Both of which went on to study Art History at university.
● Working with science teacher, I helped 3 of my students receive honour awards for academic achievements with their chemistry projects.
Personal Assistant | London, UK
Freelance - Various Contracts |June 2018 - Current
● Managed diaries, booked travel, personal and business appointments and events, managed clients, contacts and meetings.
● Writing and editing speeches and presentations, organizing participation in YPO events, managing payroll and operational budget, including procurement and supply management, and providing general administrative support.
● Liaised directly with business partners, the legal and insurance teams.
Project Conservator & Researcher |Cardiff UK
Balkan Cave Archaeology | Oct 2016 - Jan 2018
● Lead conservator and researcher for Neolithic caves sites on the Dalmatian coast.
● Managed budget and grant requests.
● Presented at academic conferences, meetings and seminars.
● Produced successful grant proposals to Petzl, National Geographic and British Cave Research Association.
● Developed and published standard guidelines for protections of finds, caves, and biology in the Balkans through official British and European Guidelines.
● Set up international meetings and collaborations.
Conservator |Konya, Turkey
Stanford University, Catalhoyuk Project | June 2015 - Sept 2016
● Managed protection and conservation of all shelters at Catalhoyuk.
● Developed and undertook research projects for the conservation of mudbrick structures
● Worked as a part of team to excavate, document, identify and treat all artefacts, remains and wall paintings on site.
● Maintained databased and storage facilities
● Monitored all environmental statistics.
● Trained volunteer conservators from surrounding area.
Mladjenović O, Channell I, (2015) The uses and applications of a Lime Putty/Perlite gap-filling agent in 2015, Çatalhӧyük 2015 Archive Report.
Channell I, Mladjenović O. (2015) Conservation and observations regarding wall paintings in TPC Area Space 562. Çatalhӧyük 2015 Archive Report.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest art history lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anthropology lessons for all!
Taking archeology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|