Hello, I am an Art teacher with over 20 years of experience that covers a broad field from very basic drawing and painting to degree/MA level. I can cover Drawing, Painting, Sculpture,Collage, Print and all forms of Art history.
If an academic programme like GCSE or A'level or BTEC or Degree I work to the National curriculum, but making it fun. If for simply pleasure I build lessons around the individual and what they desire to learn, based on their own personalities, lifestyles and interests
I hope you will love my lessons.
I have taught many students individually ranging in ages and abilities. I have taught in an International school for 3 years teaching Art and Sociology and Art History. In that school I taught both small groups and 1 to 1 A'level and GCSE Art. They all achieved high passes. I also ran Arts and Crafts workshops
I have taught beginner drawing to elderly students and ones with special educational needs. I have been a private tutor to BA Hons Art students to help with their course work, portfolio building for UCAS applications and dissertations. I can teach any level and any age, nationality or ability. I celebrate diversity.
An arts professional with a strong academic background taught to MA Level from The Royal College of Art. A practicing artist with strong teaching and communication skills. Accomplished in the areas of drawing, painting, sculpture and printmaking. Worked in the arts for over 20 years with wide areas of experience ranging from teaching, gallery management, fine art curation, illustration and design and art direction for film. A strong commitment to the arts and education.
• Strong teaching skills in fine art, painting, drawing, art history and printmaking
• Excellent organisational, managerial and negotiation skills
• Excellent writing and research skills. Ongoing research projects on architectural theory and art
• Experience and creativity in the organisation, curation, installation and display of gallery shows
• Computer literate for Microsoft Office, Word, Excel etc
• 2016 – Sutherland Education – Art tutor
• 2016 – Private Art/English/History tutor -Private clients ranging from BA students to Year 10 – Russian, Chinese and many other International and home students.
• 2014- 2016 -A’ level Art teacher and tutor at LTC International school.
• Liaising with the head of school for the curriculum development of this A’ level Art and Design course. Teaching and planning lessons, schemes of work, keeping records and ongoing assessment of students work. PSHE teacher, teaching social issues to teenagers and running discussion groups. Specialist teacher helping students with anxiety and depression through individually led art and PSHE lessons.
2015 - SEN Teaching Workshop on Body Image. King Charles Adult
2013 – 2014
• Property receptionist at Parry and Drewett agency. Working with solicitors, agents and the general public in all aspects of selling, renting and block managing properties.
• Freelance illustrator at okillustration.wordpress.com. Freelance illustration work for book covers, packaging etc.
• Art direction for pop videos at Beauxx films
• Including the Strangefruit release; Sea of Fog.
• Gallery manager, Curator and Administrator at Kings Place Gallery, Kings Place, Kings Cross
A managerial position where I worked on the organisation and changeover of two large exhibitions. Sean Smith – Frontlines, war images from Afghanistan, Iraq etc and The Ruth Borchard Self Portrait Competition. General duties included invigilation, gallery administration, preparing condition reports, website updating, consignments etc. Other responsibilities included artwork sales, dealing with telephone enquiries, organising technical staff and working with the building management team.
2008 – 2010
• Artist MA student - Royal College of Art
• Professional development in hanging and curating shows and all the administrative tasks involved in exhibitions.
• Visiting lecturer at the Ruskin School of Drawing and Fine Art
• Teaching placement that involved giving a lecture and conducting one to one tutorials for BA Fine Art students.
1998 – 2008
• Freelance illustrator for Olivia Rayner Illustration
• I ran my own illustration business for 10 years where I worked internationally as an illustrator on book covers, packaging products and children’s books.
1995 – 1997
• Interior Designer Tridias Toyshops
• Worked overseeing the organisation and administration for the redesign and refit of three shops in Richmond, Kensington and Bath
1994 – 1995
• Museum and gallery assistant at The Royal Photographic Society
• Duties included assisting in the everyday running of the museum/front of house.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 2011 – PTLLS Grade 4 (equivalent to CTLLS) teacher training, (ongoing CPD wanting to gain DTLLS and QTLS)
• 2008 -2010 MA Fine Art Printmaking - Royal College of Art – Distinction
• 1990 -1993 BA Hons Graphic Design and Illustration Bath College of Art
• 1988 – 1990 BTEC National Diploma in Graphic Design and Illustration
• 1987 - Eight O’ levels Wallington High School for Girls.
drawing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest painting lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, art and design lessons for all!
Taking sculpture lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|