Ash is a singer songwriter and producer with two studio albums. He has achieved radio plays on the BBC and in Europe, and has a creative approach to teaching.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Guitar, Bass and Vocals.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have spent many years as a touring musician in the UK and Europe.
- How much do you charge?
From £14 per half an hour lesson.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at home in West Molesey KT8 2QQ and also travel to students homes in the following areas:
East Molesey, Hersham, Esher, Walton, Kingston, Thames Ditton, Surbiton, Twickenham, Hampton Court, Hampton Wick, Teddington, Hampton Hill, Cobham and Sunbury.
- When are you available?
I teach 6 days a week. Please check for availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All levels from 8 years upwards.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I don't tutor online.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Come along and try it out, there is no obligation.
Its fun, and you can play your favourite riffs and songs from your MP3 player.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 10 years teaching experience. I have recently finished my second studio album "Play the Edge". I started out writing a song called "A Crime to be Poor" about the tragedy of Katrina, the storm that flooded New Orleans. I had toured there with Wishbone Ash some years earlier and was inspired by the people of that city.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an up to date CRB.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Ash learned his craft through many years working as a touring musician.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Musician Union, PRS and PPL.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My students range in age from 8 to 50 years old. Some of my student have got their own bands and have gone on to work as a guitar tutors in their own right.
I have a number of students who I have been teaching for many years. I concentrate on building confidence and creativity. I always encourage my students to write their own material.
I also work as a music theraphist for an organisation called "Creative Response".
songwriting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|