I am offering one to one lessons in Physics and Maths for National 5, Higher and Advaced Higher levels of study. I do not believe in a one size fits all method as I know that everyone learns differently. I will endeavour to find out how you learn and adapt to that. Some people are more visual, some theoretical, some more practical and I'll try to help you learn in whatever way you find easiest.
I am a second year Astrophysics student at the University of St Andrews. I'm new to tutoring but don't let that put you off as I have always been a straight A student and was the top first year Astrophysicist this year. I've recieved subject prizes in Physics and Maths (among others) for more than three years in high school and people often ask me for advice when having difficulty.
National 5: £8 for 1 hour, £5 for 30 minutes
Higher and Advanced Higher: £9 for 1 hour, £6 for 30 minutes
Travel beyond St Andrews will be charged based on cost of public transport. Travel within St Andrews not charged as I will cycle to lessons.
Peak Temporary Sales Consultant, Currys PC World – Falkirk (November 2017 – January 2018)
• Varied role with duties involving both interacting with customers on the shop floor, processing sales on the front desk and supporting colleagues with product preparation and stock shelving.
• Responsible for assisting customers on the shop floor, including advising on product information and processing sales. This also included selling related services.
• Responsible for assisting management team with presentation of the store including product labels and ensuring neatness of displays.
Volunteer Young Leader, Beaver Scout Colony – Bonnybridge (April 2017 – June 2018)
• Work along with the Leadership team to ensure the smooth running of the meetings and the safety of the Beaver Scouts.
• Organise games and run group activities for the Beavers.
Volunteer Poolside Coaching Assistant, Grangemouth Amateur Swimming Club – Grangemouth (October 2014 – August 2018)
• Responsible for assisting the coaching team with training 10-20 swimmers, aged 10 to 14.
• Required to ensure swimmer safety and report concerns to appropriate qualified person.
• Responsible for creating session plans and ensuring clear communication with the swimmers.
• Responsible for providing poolside support at galas including the marshalling of swimmers.
Denny High School (August 2012 – May 2018)
National 5: English - A, Mathematics - A, Physics - A, Chemistry - A, Music - A, German - A
Highers: English - A, Mathematics - A, Physics - A, Chemistry - A, Music - A
Advanced Highers: Mathematics - A, Physics - A, Music - A
University of St Andrews (September 2018 – Present)
• S6 Subject Prizes for Physics and Music. Session 2017-18
• S5 Subject Prizes for Mathematics, Physics and Music. Session 2016-17
• Denny High School Proxime Accessit Session 2016-17
• Full Colours for Music
• S4 Subject Prizes for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, German and Music. Session 2015-16
• Half Colours for Sports and Music.
• S1-S3 Certificates of Excellence
Treasurer, University Hall Committee (April 2019 – Present)
• Executive position in charge of sizeable committee budget and finances of the committee.
• Required to keep detailed records with corroboration from bank statements and receipts.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|