Trained and experienced professional full time online tutor delivering an even better teaching experience than face to face. Applying a structured, practical, caring approach to helping your child.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Maths and Physics up to A Level
- All the Sciences GCSE and iGCSE
- 11+/13+ exams maths and Science
- Mechanical Engineering for school or BTEC Level
- Tell me about your qualifications.
PhD and degree in Mechanical Engineering both from Imperial College London. Attending 4 CPD maths teacher training events every year.
- How much do you charge?
The hourly rates are shown above.
- Where do you teach?
I tutor online and I can positively say that it is far better than traditional in person tuition. Students are more relaxed, engage better, take ownership of learning more, speak out their methods and write more notes when I tutor them online than I do face to face. I have stopped tutoring in person because online has been much better for my students.
- When are you available?
I am a professional tutor so I tutor midweek in the day times, evenings and some slots on the weekends. I do get extremely booked out during school holidays so the earlier you contact me the more likely I will have some free slots.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Key Stages 2, 3, 4 and 5. Students in the age range of 9 to 18. For Dyscalcula adults as well.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I have been tutoring on Skype for over 4 years and have a great system of tutoring online that I have perfected. I use a high quality whiteboard called BitPaper that runs on the student browser. Students have instant access to a range of resources that I have bought through paid subscriptions and some public ones on the internet. I also direct them to highly educational videos. In other words, I add value simply by directing students to exactly the right resources that will be suitable for them.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
"Life is not about discovering our talents; it is about pushing our talents to the limit and discovering our genius." - Robert Brault
- What kind of experience do you have?
- 11 years (more than 5000 hours) of one to one individualised tutoring experience
- 5 years experience tutoring online
- 6 years experience of live-in residential tutoring with families
- Teaching assistant at London primary and secondary schools
- Specialist Marker for GCSE exam scripts for Edexcel
- Mechanical Engineer at Rolls Royce Plc
- Business Analyst (Software Development) at CRU Group London
I have extensive experience of tutoring students with Special needs that include Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, ADD or Aspergers. I use coloured pens in all my tutoring amongst a range of other learning aids.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes. Up to date as of April 2017 and renewed every year automatically.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I regularly attend conferences by La Salle Education and am part of their Complete Maths Network which consists of the very best and motivated classroom teachers in the UK.I have been Dyscalculia trained by Pat Babtie, author of the book The Dyscalculia Solution.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I train tutors online on group video calls. I also run Maths Tutors UK, a group of 450 Independent Tutors across the UK.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I homeschool a Year 11 girl Physics and Chemistry iGCSE, a boy Physics and Maths. I cover the entire syllabus with them myself. I have three day school year 11 students for Science. Three more year 11 students who are at boarding schools, one year 10 student, and a year 9 dyslexic/ADD student who was getting less than 50% in maths last year. After my tutoring she got 95% and is now in the top set, so I am guiding her to the pace of the faster top set until she feels confident to manage it all on her own. My youngest student is a 7 year old girl with mild Dyslexia and I tutor her using cuiseniare rods and other learning aids. On the other end of the age spectrum, I am tutoring a BTEC Engineering student.
• Mechanical Engineering Degree MEng
• Mechanical Engineering PhD
• DBS check updated on April 2017
• Maths Tutors UK, Science Tutors UK
Thank you so much for tutoring me over the last three years, it has been quite an experience. You are the kindest, coolest and most understanding tutor ever.
I would highly recommend Atul as a tutor. He is patient, clear, and has excellent empathy with his pupils.
Atul was great at boosting confidence as well as actually teaching the subject. I was also particularly impressed with his judgement and pacing - he had a really great handle on when to push and when they weren't ready for this. He was genuinely interested in my son's state of mind more than meeting an exam deadline
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 13 plus lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, functional skills lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|