My approach in language study includes a wide mix of materials. From grammar to speaking to games to music lyrics, you will not be bored with repeated traditional methods. I also believe in individualizing the language lessons, because each person learns differently and at their own pace. I remember my language lessons in school being just grammar and pen and paper, which takes away from how fun and inspiring learning a new language can be. However, my goal is to find an approach that works best for you, and I can ensure that each lesson will be a combination of various materials of language learning.
I am a native Spanish speaker, whose family is from Tenerife, Spain. I love giving language lessons because the more fun and creative the lessons, the more you learn! Languages are a window into the cultures of others, everyone learns at their own pace, and you can directly see your own progress. I have experience in interacting with Spanish speakers coming from all over Spain and Latin America, with experience into the various regional dialects and the rich cultures that exist across the Spanish-speaking world. Therefore, Spanish lessons with me will be more than just vocab and grammar, but an understanding of the diverse history and cultures that exist, making the lessons relevant and fun. I would be happy to work through this useful and beautiful language together.
Languages: English, Spanish, French
Highly experienced scientific researcher with a passion for biomedical research, scientific learning, and creative analytical reasoning. Well-versed in the theoretical background of cell biology, microbiology, immunology, biotechnology, and chemistry.
• KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Master of Science: Medical Biotechnology - 2020
• University College London (UCL), London, UK
Master’s Thesis - 2020
• University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Bioinformatics for Biologists - 2019
• University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor of Science: Biology, Chemistry Minor - 2017
Visiting Researcher in Human Genetics- 06/2019 to 08/2019
Wellcome Sanger Institute, University of Cambridge, UK
• Summer project was achieved via the designing of a novel method in molecular biology to quantitatively analyze TaqMan SNP genotyping. The alleles studied were suspected of being involved in cardiometabolic diseases.
Research Assistant in Organic and Biochemistry- 08/2014 to 05/2016
University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
• Completed three independent research projects: Thin Layer Chromatography for Detection of Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome (NRDS)
• Urinalysis for the Detection of Functional Groups and Disease
• Connecting Protein Structure to Intermolecular Interactions (published)
Science and English Teacher - 2018
African Impact, Gweru, Zimbabwe
• Taught science and English in four schools in rural villages throughout Gweru, Zimbabwe in order to empower disadvantaged children through education.
Honors College Tutor – 2017
University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
• Tutored undergraduates in cell biology (BIOS 222), organic and biochemistry (CHEM 130), and biochemistry (BIOS 352).
Project ESTEEM Member - 2013-2016
Lydia Home and Rice Center, Chicago, USA
• Student volunteers in Project ESTEEM, which stands for Enrichment of Science Through Exposure to Experimental Models, work at two children’s shelters to show under-privileged kids the exciting world of science.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£135||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£270||£250|