I have a Masters of Science in Higher Education Administration and have taught Leadership Development and Career Development courses at the Community College level. I can teach you how to get the interview and snag the job all in the course of one hour.
I have been an independent career and education consultant for 5 years with clients ranging from High School Students to C-Level professionals.
I have served over 1000 clients and students through workshops, one on one sessions, and curriculum designs.
$15 cancellation fee if session cancelled less than 24 hours prior.
Shira T. Bland
Award winning experienced education professional with classroom management and leadership development background to include: implementation and management of leadership programs for students; creativity in mentoring to a multicultural student base; and detailed-oriented academic programming through strategic learning initiatives.
Skills & Abilities
Written & Oral Communication Skills
Student Support Services & Engagement
POTTER’S HOUSE| 2016-2017
Managed daily operations of Brickhouse Young Adult Ministry. Provide administrative support to Young Adult Pastor which includes calendar and budget management. Ensured all organization policy, procedures, and regulations are followed. In cooperation with Young Adult Pastor, plans ministry activities and serves as primary point of contact.
Developed new efforts for the ministry and served as lead on execution. Developed and implemented professional leadership program for Brickhouse Young Adults which focused on teaching professional and time management skills to millennials.
Served as liaison between executive office and volunteer staff on behalf of Young Adult Pastor as needed.
Responsible for the creation and implementation of FORWARD Campus ministry on the Campus of Mountain View College and produced L.I.T. night for the ministry. Created mentoring opportunities for students as program director.
COORDINATOR, OFFICE OF STUDENT LIFE
MOUNTAIN VIEW COLLEGE | 2015-2016
· Advanced Leadership training lectures to Inter Club Council including post-graduation career preparation with Career Services department bi-weekly. Developed advance leaders program for the members of the Inter Club Council. Revised Advisor and Club Handbook to correlate with college and district policy. “Leadership on the Move” certified team building instructor.
· Designed Curriculum for Student Leadership Institute based on various leadership theory and educational pedagogy. Instructor for Student Leadership Institute. Facilitator for workshops on Leadership Action and Ethics during Dallas County Community College District Summer Leadership Retreat. Coordinator for Event as part of the committee. Teachings based in various leadership theories.
· 2016 Sharron Jean Griffith Student Development Leadership Award winner. Nomination recognized work with student clubs and organizations, student mentoring, and creative leadership development tactics.
· Managed and operated clubs and organizations in Office of Student Life. Conceptualized Club Efficiency Index point system. Within first 90 days successful in creation of 4 new student organizations and increased on campus clubs and organizations by 40% in first year. Inner Club Council Budget Manager. Provide training to club officers and advisors in general accounting for club funds. Created curriculum and training materials for club officers and advisors.
· Managed and advised Student Government Association (SGA). Restructured campus election criteria and funding process. Generated SGA Summer Leadership Camp for officer candidates. Produced Mountain View College’s first Homecoming Week celebration and implemented Campus Activities Board.
· Initiated unique departmental programs such as “Pizza with the President”, where students can voice their concerns on college issues. Event produces networking opportunities for students with college and district administration.
· Provided logistical support, New Student Convocation, Men’s Leadership Conference, Student Recognition Day, and Outstanding Student Award Ceremony.
· Launched institution interfaith discussions to accommodate students of varied ethnic backgrounds with a campus interfaith center. Created community partnerships with faith based organizations based on student requests.
· Establish and maintain relationships with student leaders, faculty, staff, and college administration through departmental collaborations.
ORANGE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS/KELLY EDUCATIONAL STAFFING | 2014-2015
Responsible for classroom management and instruction in the absence of permanent teacher.
Enforced all district classroom policies while ensuring safety of students.
Proctored FSA testing at the middle and high school levels. Assisted testing coordinators with organization of materials
Specialized in middle school classrooms.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
PALM BEACH STATE COLLEGE | 2013-2014
Coordinated all student programming. Negotiated entertainment contracts, food orders, and volunteers. Advertised all events through a variety of Social Media Platforms. Created all event publications using both Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite. Created an avenue for alumni participation in all programming.
Manager Student Government Association (SGA). Within first year students received top honors and elected to office from Florida College System Student Government Association. Established mentoring opportunities for students with college administration.
Developed student club advisor handbook and service contract as a member of advisor ad-hoc committee. Researched best practices in student organization advising as representative of Student Activities Department.
Palm Beach State College District Common Reader Committee. New Student Convocation Committee and Carnival Coordinator.
Budget manager for Student Government Association, Student Activities Center, and Intramurals.
Supervisory experience to include directly supervising Volunteer Assistant, Intramurals Assistant, and department Administrative Assistant as well as a student assistant staff of ten. Assessed Student Activities Office student employees and implemented an employee handbook and shift checklists to increase production. Created and managed work schedules for student workers.
ORANGE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS (LAKEVIEW MIDDLE SCHOOL/ OAK RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL) | 2009-2013
Responsible for all attendance operations for Oak Ridge High School. Initiated attendance incentive program for truant students. Showcased an ability to adapt in various situations through best practices.
Conducted investigations on student conduct and counseled students on Orange County Public Schools student code of conduct. Worked with school administration to ensure security of students during process.
Ensured all students maintained academic compliance during both in and out of school suspensions.
Prepare reports and documentation for court appearances. Worked with campus administration, probation officers, and social workers to increase student attendance and reduce habitual truancy court cases.
Communicated with parents and guardians about student attendance and intervention tactics for students.
Master of Science | 2018 | Walden University
Major: Higher Education Leadership for Student Success March 5, 2018 expected conferral date.
Graduate Certificate | 2017 | Walden University
Major: Higher Education Leadership for Student Success
Bachelor of Science | 2012 | University Of Central Florida
Major: Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in Event Management and Public Relations
Minor: Leadership Studies
Associate of Arts| 2009| Valencia College
Major: General Studies/ Public Relations
Leadership on the Move | 2016 |Facilitator
Team building Instructor and Low Ropes Challenge Course Facilitator
English 6-12, Business Education, English/Language Arts (Applied 01/26/2018) | 2018| Florida Department of Education
General Education Secondary, English 7-12| 2018| Association of Christian Schools International
career coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest professional coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking job searching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£22|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£110|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£220|