I am able to teach up to A-level standard for both Maths and Chemistry. I am able to work on problems and topics that you require additional help with. I can break down complex problems and present them in a simplified way allowing you to grasp the topic in question.
I have just finished studying chemical engineering and have an understanding of complex maths and chemistry topics. This will be my first time tutoring, but I have four younger siblings so I have a vast amount of experience helping them!
I have an analytical nature, with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving. I undertake my work with precision and attention to detail and safety procedures. I am an effective communicator both written and oral with excellent management skills - a committed team player who is able to listen, direct, collaborate and report.
• Ede and Ravenscroft Prize – One of the most prestigious awards in the University, awarded to an outstanding student in the faculty in terms of both academic and non-academic achievement.
• Esso Petroleum Award – Highest marks in examined modules.
• I am a member of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
• Site Safety Plus & Safety Awareness Certificate
• I hold a Construction Skills Certification Scheme Card, allowing access onto construction sites.
2016 – 2017 Loughborough University
MSc. Advanced Chemical Engineering with IT and Management
• Distinction, I received the highest mark in the year.
• MSc Research Project - My project was laboratory based and aimed to provide design recommendations for fine powder incorporation and deagglomeration using an in-line rotor-stator. Project management, analysis/interpretation of data and the ability to collaborate with other graduates and senior lecturers was critical for the successful delivery of this project.
2012 – 2016 Loughborough University
BEng Chemical Engineering
• First Class Honours.
• Design Project - My final year project involved designing a process plant that was capable of producing baker’s yeast. I designed a large scale fermenter; the main unit operation of the process. This project effectively combined key modules of chemical engineering and significantly developed my time management, communication and team working skills.
2010 – 2012 Barrow Sixth Form College
A Level Maths – A*; A Level Chemistry – A; A Level Physics – C
2005 – 2010 St Bernard’s Catholic High School
10 GCSEs A* - C including English and Maths
2014 – 2015 Industrial Placement – Student Process Engineer
• I worked as a student process engineer in the proposals department, delivering wastewater treatment solutions that were both commercially and technically efficient for clients. Wastewater solutions varied from protective storm overflow screens to tertiary water treatment filters.
• I successfully delivered a £500,000 project for a tertiary water treatment solution at Watton water treatment works.
• Scientific Mind – Proficient in Chemistry, Physics and Engineering proven by completion of coursework, projects and numerous lab reports.
• Analysis – Competent producing documents, diagrams, tables, equations and processes to analyse data from experiments. The Air-Lift Bioreactor research project I conducted encompassed all of the above. Using a high speed camera and imaging software various membranes were tested to ascertain which produced the lowest average bubble diameter.
• IT - Conversant with Microsoft office, Auto-CAD, Unisim, COMSOL, MATLAB and LabVIEW.
• Communication – Written and oral skills evident through multiple lab reports, presentations and debates. Communication also displayed through phone calls and meetings with clients and colleagues.
• Precision – Demonstrated in my work placement by preparing thorough fixed price quotations for large wastewater treatment projects; primary and tertiary treatment.
• Teamwork – Ability to work effectively in a team. This was pertinent to the BP design project, where we designed a distillation column to set requirements within restricted parameters; more recently the design of a plant for the production of Nitrobenzene.
• Management – I was the group leader for my final year Team Design Project. Personal time management displayed when balancing both the Team and an Individual Design Project. I designed a large scale fermenter; the main unit operation of the process.
• Driving – I hold a full UK driving licence.
Other Work Experience______________________________________________________
Oct 2017 – Travel Money Bureau Sales Assistant
Jun 2018 Debenhams – Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne
• Experienced travel money sales assistant in a flagship store, working in a high pressure environment with zero tolerance for error.
• Delivered stock effectively and efficiently to the shop floor.
• Ensured correct product placement to enhance the customer shopping experience.
• Operated as a sales assistant to direct customers to their desired products and provide them with additional product information.
Oct 2016 – Sub warden
Aug 2017 Loughborough University – Loughborough, Leicestershire
• Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of students staying at Forest Court halls.
Hobbies and Interests_______________________________________________________
• I am an active person, who participates in sport, with a particular interest in football.
• I have been on an expedition to the Cairngorms, on a Tall Ships adventure and gained my RYA Start Yachting certificate as part of my Duke of Edinburgh Gold award. This award has given me a valuable insight on the importance of safety and teamwork.
• I like to travel; I went on a three month trip around South East Asia (June – September 2018).
• I have obtained a PADI open water diving certificate.
• I have completed the Keswick to Barrow twice, which is a 40 mile charitable run.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||£10||Not available|