My lessons are individually tailored towards your needs and interests. There is no 'one size fits all' and I am always happy to discuss your wishes with you.
In all cases though, I endeavour to make my lessons engaging and creatively stimulating, giving my pupils a complete, rounded knowledge of music.
I have extensive experience teaching students of all ages, backgrounds and abilities, from complete beginners to degree level, and from small children to adult learners. I have wide experience in preparing students for exams and interviews, as well as teaching pupils who simply wish to learn for enjoyment.
I studied at the UK's leading music schools and universities, including:
- The Royal Academy of Music
- The Purcell School of Music (recipient of the orchestral composition prize, academic music prize and the Tim Stevenson prize for composition)
- King's College London (BMus Bachelor's Degree in Music with First Class Honours)
- The Guildhall School of Music and Drama (MComp Master's Degree in Composition with Distinction, recipient of the Mary Ryan composition award)
I have worked with a number of the UK's leading orchestras and ensembles, including:
- London Symphony Orchestra
- City of London Sinfonia
- Britten Sinfonia
- BBC Singers, and many more.
Perfect! James has an encyclopaedic knowledge and is incredibly passionate, which often resulted in very interesting and sometimes tangential rabbit holes! As a result I feel I've learned a lot more than I otherwise would have and his enthusiasm, wit and good humour has made it a very positive experience overall. Thank You James!
music theory lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, composition lessons for all!
Taking musicology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|