My approach is very student centred.
Firstly, I find out through questioning, the students strengths and areas for development. With permission, I also like to contact the student’s school because I’m a firm believer that a tutor should work with the school rather than in isolation.
Secondly, when teaching each topic I determine the prior knowledge the student has and the level of knowledge the student needs to achieve.
Finally, I adapt my teaching to the student’s learning style and
I also give advice on revision techniques.
I have 25 years of experience teaching Mathematics up to GCSE level in local schools. I have tutored students to achieve success in GCSE Mathematics and Level 2 Functional Skills.
I charge £25 per hour and will travel to your location. The first meeting is free.
Please contact me if you require any further information.
Bal BSc (Hons), PGCE
I may charge extra if your location is 10 miles or more from me.
Dedicated and dynamic Mathematics Tutor with over 25 years’ experience educating school leavers. Adept in creative lesson planning and real world related instruction. Motivational educator with exceptional communication, analytical and multi-tasking skills. . A reliable and trustworthy individual Willing to undergo further training and development, looking for a forward thinking employer, who will quickly recognise the positive contribution that I can bring to a professional and successful organisation.
• Effective communicator with students, parents and all levels of school management
• Excellent creativity, presentation and time management skills
• Good administration skills including: report writing, record keeping, planning, time tabling
• An unquestionable people person with liaison skills at all levels and able to control confrontational situations.
• A good level of computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Maths Tutor, Self Employed, Leicester
(2017 – Present)
• Currently working on a self-employed basis private tutoring in student homes
• Teaching Mathematics to all abilities from ages 11 to 16
• Ensuring all lessons are planned with clear aims & objectives
• To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their own progress
• To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework and ensure it is regularly marked with constructive feedback
• Evaluate students learning styles and provide appropriate techniques for maximum understanding
Inbound Customer Service Advisor, Santander, Leicester
(2016 – 2017)
• Taking inbound calls from existing Santander customers
• Providing excellent customer service and helping customers with their everyday banking and savings queries
• Providing an efficient and friendly telephone banking service
• Explaining complex information to customers in simple and easy terms
• Understanding customer requirements and establishing the facts around their current banking or savings needs
• Positioning pre-identified products and/or services to customers where appropriate. Working with colleagues across various channels to provide a seamless service. Working to contact centre and customer service targets. Using customer databases and ensuring all data is input correctly.
Teacher of Mathematics, Judgemeadow C.C. Leicester City Council
(2009 – 2016)
• Teaching mathematics up to GCSE level across age and ability range
• Planning and delivering lessons with clear aims and objectives
• Liaising with colleagues and parents
• Writing reports for parents, colleagues and external agencies
• Keeping accurate records about pupil progress and attendance
• Managing the key stage 3 national curriculum
• Producing schemes of work
• Administering tests and collating results
• Encouraging and fostering a positive attitude and work ethic
• Liaising with exam boards
• Adhering to all school policies
• Monitoring and supporting student welfare
Employment Advisor, Remploy, Leicester
(2006 – 2009)
• Worked on development of candidates, with health conditions and disabilities, that were not job ready with experience of Recruitment Employment Advisor and Branch Coordinator roles
• Pre-streaming, registering, creating and updating CVs
• Delivering Vocational Development Programmes, running Job Action Groups and referring to Development Services.
Pupil Referral Unit Leader, Student Support Service, Leicestershire C.C.
(2001 – 2006)
• Responsible for the full control of pupils whilst in the care of the unit
• Managing the staff and pupils, liaising with parents, external agencies and colleagues with regards to pupils and services offered
• Creating and managing schedules, completion and filing of official records
• Report writing and teaching of mathematics and other subjects to students who were excluded from mainstream education
The University of Leicester
Post Graduate Certificate in Education
BSc 3rd class honours in Combined Sciences
(Mathematics and Chemistry)
Alderman Newton’s Sixth Form College
A Level – Mathematics, Chemistry & Physics ,
Mundella Secondary School
9 GCSEs including English and Maths
Perfect! Bal is a brilliant tutor who goes above and beyond the usual requirements, offering a personally tailored learning programme to students. He takes a great interest in my daughter's progress at school and picked up on issues that the school had not yet identified. Bal's twenty-five year background in teaching in a classroom setting shows, he is very experienced and builds a great rapport with his students. He explains what has been covered in lessons to parents so they can help support their child's learning.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|