I am an experienced primary teacher, also providing private tutoring in the area.
For feedback from students and parents, see (concealed information) (copy the url into your browser)
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I am a practicing Primary Teacher, teaching the entire range of subjects at KS1 and KS2.
Having spent 20 years as an IT trainer and consultant, I can also offer ICT and Maths tutoring to KS3/GCSE/e.c.d.l level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
A levels: Maths, English, Economics
BA (hons): Social Psychology and Statistics
PGCE: Middle School
HNC: Advanced Microprocessor Architecture
Both Microsoft and IBM certified.
- How much do you charge?
An initial meeting to get to know each other and discuss requirements is free.
One to one sessions are typically £25 (this would be reduced for groups).
Travel is typically free - but depending on location.
- Where do you teach?
I tutor in the Worthing area but can travel as far as Brighton, Burgess Hill, Henfield, Steyning, Arundel and Littlehampton.
Sessions are usually at the student's home (preferred).
- When are you available?
Typically, every evening after school (see (concealed information) for current availability).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All subjects at KS1 and KS2.
Maths and ICT up to KS3/GCSE/e.i.d.l.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I have prepared students for:
- entrance exams to college and secondary schools
- GCSE (and e.c.d.l) in Maths and ICT.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am very IT literate, having been an IT consultant for 20 years.
I have good internet access, a web cam, and am able to use various software packages such as Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
As a Primary teacher, I have taught the full range of subjects across the entire age range.
I am a methodical, calm, patient and empathetic teacher, and my goal has always been to enthuse and motivate, and to cater for each pupil's individual learning style.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I taught in Primary schools for 10 years.
I then spent nearly 20 years as an IT Trainer and Consultant.
I have now returned to teaching and am a Supply Teacher, averaging 4 days a week.
In addition, I provide Govt funded 1-to-1 tutoring in schools and have been doing up to 20 sessions a week.
I am also currently doing private tutoring in the area (see (concealed information)
I also provide computer/software assistance to parents and home users (see (concealed information)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have 3 up-to-date enhanced CRB checks.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
General Teaching Council.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
As examples, I have tutored pupils:
- for entrance exams to private schools
- who simply need their confidence boosted
- who are possibly falling behind and need catch-up sessions
- who are gifted and need additional challenges
I am currently tutoring 26 pupils at KS2 during school hours.
For feedback from parents, see (concealed information)
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|