I am a very relaxed coach/tutor that likes to create an easy environment for learning. I pay close attention to detail whilst maintaining focus on encouraging the learner to find methods that suit them best for the task in hand.
I am a sport science graduate who has been coaching basketball for 5 years to children ages 3-17. As well as basketball lessons, I have done personal training, wrote up fitness programmes and dietary plans. I can also cook and am capable of teaching anyone how to cook the meals I am advising.
If travel costs exceed £5 then they will need to increase to cover them. Equally, if there are no travel costs (i.e. if I can walk to you) then the travel cost will be removed. If a group 2 or more people would like to receive coaching or fitness lessons then a group price can be negotiated. Cancellations must come with 48 hours notice or will NOT be refunded.
I am a responsible, hardworking and trustworthy person. I work hard and learn quickly, either as part of a team or as an individual. I am very polite and respectful to everything and everyone in my surroundings and I am easily approachable.
- August 2017 - Bar staff at Underbelly.
- July 2016 (2 weeks): Work experience as a handy man in London with Do anything Dave.
- July 2015 - Current: Salesman at Celtic Design jewellery stalls.
- May 2015 (various 3 day events) - GSi events team race crew.
- July 2014 - October 2014: Assistant Manager at Celtic Design jewellery shop.
- September 2014 - July 2015: Customer Assistant in Tesco - Corstorphine.
- June 2014 - Current: Basketball Coach at Crags Community Centre and Active Schools
- April 2014 (ongoing from this point): Babysit for various neighbours.
- February 2012 (1 week): Work experience shadowing Primary school teacher at East Craig's Primary School.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Ordinary Degree in Applied Sport Science at the University of Edinburgh finishing with a 2:2.
2008-2014: Studied at Craigmount High School
- Advanced Higher; Chemistry
- Highers; Maths
- Intermediate 2; Spanish
- Standard Grades 8 Credit Passes.
- Basketball Qualifications; level 2 table official, level 1 coach, level 1 referee.
- Received citizenship award at Craigmount High School twice for volunteering to coaching basketball to all age groups within the school.
- Attended personal training class, teaching the basic principles of personal training.
- Attended and took part in Young Leadership Programme; a programme set up to help raise money for Crags Community Centre.
- Team work skills; have played national league basketball for 6 years with Boroughmuir Blaze and Edinburgh University. Played football for various Edinburgh teams for 5 years before switching to basketball.
- Language skills; Hebrew (fluent), Spanish and German (intermediate)
- Leadership skills; built through coaching and Young Leadership Programme
basketball lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£23||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||£105||£90|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£180|